Chapter 2: coffee for my partner (20th Century)

Y/N pov:

Its been nearly a century sense i last saw Merlin i don't remember much some things were blured out due to the "accident". I came to this place called Arcadia for a reason i have yet to know I don't have magic only power. I make deals with people who i let them know that magic comes with a price and power comes with a curse. Depending the situation things will be interesting. Anyways, i came here to my home under the town called Troll Market the heart stone is something i am connected to. i live on the surface go to school to keep an eye on Jim Lake Jr. i seen his future and must wait for him.

However, today was Saturday and everyday i head to a cafe i loved to get coffee. As i sat in my seat waiting for my cup of coffee i watched everyone pass bye and start there day. I saw a couple walking hand in hand together. This made me cringe and get slightly annoyed. I hated love I thought it was weakness ever sense merlin threw me away like a piece of paper and got me into that accident i never been the same. I dont believe in love nor did I believe in family. I lost that ages ago. Soon my drink came but was spilled on me "hey watch it idiot!" I yelled at the employee. "Well i am sorry i am clumsy" the waiter said. I stood up very angry "then maybe you shouldnt have this job!" I yelled and gritted my teeth.

3rd pov:

Y/n went into the cafe and ran into a waiter, but the waiter was Douxie himself, y/n had no memory of him but he had one certain memory of her from camelot. When faced face to face and eye to eye time and the world around them froze in place and something invisible sparked in them. Douxie haven't seen her for most of his life or so he thought. Everything soon continued soon after. "Excuse me sorry i need to use the ladies room" y/n said before leaving to take off her shirt in the bathroom. Thankfully she always wears a black sometimes just depending a white tank top underneath her shirt y/n tried to clean up her other shirt she had coffee on it. 

Y/n left the rest room to be greeted by Douxie once again "uh excuse me" she said. "I got you a new coffee miss." Douxie said holding a cup of coffee. Kaitlyn hesitantly took the coffee and took a sip. "Thank you and please call me y/n or Flame sir." Y/n said looking up to him and keeping eye contact. "Please darling call me Douxie." He said. He watched her tilt her head something clicked in her head the name Douxie felt familiar but where did she hear it from was unknown to her at least at that moment little did she know her future will unfold and Douxie and her will be more inseparable. "Did you just call me darling?" Y/n questioned. 

"Yes i believe i did this is on the house y/n for bad services." He said. "Thank you." Y/n thanked. Douxie soon was left to watch y/n leave and held the cup y/n's gently soft lips drank out of . "What happened to her? She was soo...relaxed and calm and free now shes...tense, mad, and distant, but i feel there is sadness to. Something is missing from our lives something isnt clicking but what is it?" Douxie wondered.

Y/n pov: 

Y/N just left her friend Clairs house with a bag of chips and guacamole in her backpack she had bought. things were fine till the street lights flickered and Merlin had appeared in some sort of magic hologram. "Young ruler i fear its time you meet my second apprentice meet me at the book store. There you will see a group of people there with my apprentice." He instructed and left. "He seemed nice." My magical talking white cat said. I looked down at her and nodded my cats name was Alexis she is second to last of her kind and she had a red ribbon collar on her. 

We began to run and once at bookstore i froze again at seeing Douxie. "Douxie? What are you doing here?" I asked. "Well i am Merlins apprentice and apparently so are you." Douxie replied. "Yes it seems your both his apprentices." Archi stated. Archi wat like Alexis he was a familiar he can go from cat to a dragon cat. Alexis can go from cat to a small cat troll which can be useful to trip or trick people. I remembered Archi he and i were close friends back in Camelot but i couldn't remember how we met. 

We all soon entered the magical bookstore and i sat on a stair and looked at Merlin who had floating things around him and stuff being placed in a chest. "Hello young wizard and young rular. Douxie did you brong the protectors of Arcadia?" Merlin questioned. "I brought what i could it seems that some trolls, and aliens had fled the city either to another place or to return home master." Douxie said. "Who are the protectors of Arcadia all i know is Jim is the troll hunter." I stated.

"We are you know me jim and Clare, then we have my friend toby, and the idiot Steve." Jim introduced. "So claire your the dark magic girl i heard off how interesting. Well then why did you call us here Merlin?" I questioned. Alexis was next to archi the two were praticly cuddling happy to see each other once more. "Ah well you see we need to head back in time well douxie, y/n, Steve, and lady Claire do. You must go back in time and retrieve me the sword King author used." Merlin said. "Why do we have to do that?" I asked. Merlin this is private Ms. y/n." Merlin stated. I nodded in return "master i can go alone i done this before." Douxie protested. "Last time you nearly broke the time line and gave us all no future." Merlin spat back "but master-" Douxie was cut off. "But master me hisirdoux. I want the queen of time herself there so she can keep you on track and you must do as i say or else i will just send the pthers without you hisirdoux!" Merlin yelled making me look at douxie. "Why does he need King authors sword and why do i feel strange about this?" I wondered.