14. Almost....

Excuse ALL MISTAKES PLEASE!!

Enjoy

"911 what is your emergency?"

"Uh, I need an ambulance at the Budget Inn on Main. It's three bodies in the basement." Click.

-

August

"But if I don't make it home tonight, tell my mama that I love ha, leave some flowers for my brother, girl I love yaaa," I swayed side to side as the crowd took over the chorus. Autumn tugged at my hand. I looked down at my beautiful daughter and she reached up for me. I put her up and kissed her all over her face.

"Daddy, they singing our song!" She giggled, squeezing my face. "They is ain't they?"

"People outchea dying everydayyyyyyyy. And they ain all bad they just tryna make uhhhh wayyyyyyy.....L.A. It's been real.!"

The crowd cheered and chanted as I walked off stage. I grabbed a bottled water from T, taking it back.

"Save me some daddy." I laughed, handing Autumn the water. "Thank you."

"You welcome baybeh. Ready to go?" I asked and she nodded. I looked over at T and he walked off to go get the car.

"Daddy, I think we should get mommie food. She gonna be hungry."

"Ya know what, tha's a good idea."

-

I called J phone at least twenty times from the time I got in the car til we pulled up at this taco place. I called her again, only to get the voicemail.

Hey, you've reached Jordynne. Leave me a message at the beep. *beeps*

"Baybeh, it's me. I dun called ya ass like twenty times. We getting you some tacos nah. Wake yo ass up. I miss you. I promise we gon get this nigga. See you in like ten minutes. Bye."

I hung up, sliding my phone in my pocket. Something wasn't right.

"You aight goon?" T asked, looking thru the rearview. I shook my head, running my hands down my face. "I got this feeling in my stomach that somebody gon d-i-e tonight."

He nodded, looking a head. As if we were on the same page, he swerved around the cars and hit a U turn, going back toward the hotel. As we got near, I saw police cars and ambulances everywhere.

"T, keep Autumn innis car," I said, jumping out and running down the street.

"Lord, bless that woman and her children," I heard an elderly woman say, shaking her head. I sped up, bumping people out the way. They had the area blocked off but I didn't care. I jumped over the barricades, getting close to the door before a police officer stopped me.

"Sir, you need to stay back."

I knocked his hand away. "Don't touch me my nigga. My pregnant wife innea mayne. I just need to know if she okay..." I held up a picture to show him. "She six months man. Just.."

I looked up to see the paramedics pushing a gurney thru. When I saw J, I felt my stomach drop. I pushed the officer out the way, running to the ambulance.

"Sir!"

"That's my wife mayne," I snatched back from another officer. Just as they put her in the back I was right there.

"I'm riding witcha."

"Well come on. We gotta get her to the hospital." I hopped in, and grabbed Jordynne's hand. She was laying there with a breathing mask on and her face was bloody. Her eyes were open but she wasn't responsive.

"Baybeh, I'm sorry." I mumbled, holding it together the best I could. This shxt just seemed so unreal to me.

"Okay Jordynne. Try to stay as calm as possible. I'm a ask you a couple of questions, blink once for yes, two for no. Understand?"

She looked at him, blinking once. He asked her questions, keeping her attention. we pulled up at the emergency doors and I got out of the way. I had to let them do their job. They rushed her to the back, preparing for surgery.

I sat in the chair and looked thru my phone for Scoota name. As I hit the call button, I over heard on of the nurses.

"Sick bastard. He shot her kids in front of her, shot her in the face and then sexually assaulted her. I'd kill em myself if I found him."

My body felt like fire. Oh it's on nah.

"Wazzam?"

"Off that nigga then take the next flight out." He agreed, no questions asked. Ain wanna tell him what was going on over the phone but I knew Cali was most definitely about to get a taste of the 504.

Jordynne

My stood on the side as I watched them operate on me. I looked horrible. I watched as they tried to stop the bleeding from in between my legs while another set of doctors removed the bullet from my jaw. I should have been dead but one move got me a shot to the face instead of the head.

"We don't have time for that. She's losing too much blood."

I watched as the head surgeon leaned down to my ear. "Okay sweetheart. I hear you're a strong woman, so I'm a need you to pull some of that strength out and work with me. Whatever it is that makes you happy. Whatever it is that's worth living for, think of that."

I was in a lot of pain. I just wanted to rest. I couldn't stand to see myself like this and I didn't want anyone else to. Maybe if I just closed my eyes for just a few minutes, the pain will go away.

"Fight Jordynne.... You have to."

"I'm tired. It hurts so bad..."

"I know but they're counting on you. You have too."

"I'm sorry. There's no more fight left in me."

"Jordynne...no wait... Jordynne." I shook myself, trying to get me to wake up but it wasn't working.

"She's going into shock!" Was the only thing said before the machine flatlined.....

----

"Jordynne! Yooooo Jordynne!"

I jumped at the sound of somebody yelling my name. I looked around and realized I was sitting outside of my bosses law firm in my car.

"What?"

"You ight?"

I looked up to see August and frowned. Did I just dream my life with him? He gave me a look and I honestly didn't know how to take it. Hell I don't even know what the hell just happened.

"Y-yea. What was your question?"

He chuckled, shaking his head. "You got a few loose screws or sumn. Did you miss the whole conversation?"

I laughed. "Yea kindly."

"Well, I said, lemme take you out."

I stared at him blankly. I thought about my dream and all the shxt we went thru. It was crazy because I missed him but in reality, I didn't know him. Knowing all that I dreamed, would it be wise to go into this.

A lot I wouldn't put up with but their were a great amount of happy times. If I don't give it a go then I'll always wonder....How can I miss what I never had, how could I reminisce when there isn't a past, how could I have memories of being happy with him? I would never know.

"Yes, August, I will go out with you."

----

✋✋✋ don't come for me.... Yes. All three books were a dream...

I love yall but this is it.... I think .... *Kanye Shrug* 😴😴