10. Blame Game

EXCUSE THE MISTAKES... IM MAKING AN EFFORT YOU GUYS 😁

August

"You aight?" I asked J caressing ha hand. We were on our way to a doctors appointment to see how the baby was doing. She's been quiet all morning and didn't want to eat this morning. I grabbed ha a yogurt tho, just in case.

She pulled her hand from my grip and nodded, looking out the window.

I sighed. I'm working on being understanding because Lawd knows I wanted to snap on ha with this attitude shxt. "Jordynne, can you at least look at me when I'm talking?"

She slowly turned her attention to me. I glanced over to her for a brief second before looking back at the road. "Talk to me ma."

"I'm carrying a demon," she said, no loudly than a whisper.

"Quit saying that shxt man. I tol you I got you. Just like with BJ. He ain ours and we the reason he ain got parents but I love em the same."

"Not the same. He isn't neither one of ours but this!" She yelled pointing at her now, noticeable baby bump, "this is mind and a fuck nigga's child who I so desperately have been wanting to shoot but because of my stress level, I can't fly. So spare me the "we in this together" shxt because WE not doing shxt!

This is all me. I'm stressing out. I'm depressed and fat and can't drink or smoke! SO LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE BEFORE I SHOOT YOU!"

By now, she was crying. I reached over to soothe her but she started swinging on me. "Don't. Touch. Me. This. Is. Your. Fault," she hit me with every word. "You gon kill us both crazy!" I yelled.

She kept hitting me. I swerved a little bit, blocking her hits. I pulled into a parking lot and parked the truck. "Dammit J quit hitting me. I'm a hit yo ass back in a minute," I yelled grabbing both of her wrist.

"I hate you so much! This is your fault. You left me," she cried as I pulled her to me. I never knew she felt like this. This is the first time she's really expressed herself and I felt all the pain and all the hurt. I didn't protect her and now she blames me.

"I know baby and I'm so sorry. I neva meant to hurt you. I shouldn't have left you. I should've brought you and the kids with me and I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not being there. For not protecting. For acting like I didn't care. I'm sorry ight." I ran my hand down my face, wiping the tears that fell.

We sat there in silence, only sounds were her light sniffles. I rubbed up and down her back. A few minutes later, she was snoring. I shook my head, sitting back in my seat and carefully putting her head in my lap.

I put the truck in drive and headed to the doctors office. I sent Scoota a text saying to meet up at the crib to discuss some shxt.

-----

"Damn, son what happened to ya face?" Scoota asked, walking in and sitting down at the kitchen table. I glanced over at J who was cooking.

"Ion even wanna talk bout it." I rubbed the side of my whelped face. It was taking everything in me not to beat ha ass fa that shxt she did this morning but I'm tryna be a more understanding Aug.

"Where DJ?"

"I'm right chea," he said coming in. He kissed J cheek before sitting down. "Wassup ma?"

"Hey DJ," she said softly. J grabbed plates and starting fixing everybody's food. "We could fix our own."

"I got it," she mumbled, placing plates in front of each of us as well as bottled water. She sat down and said grace before diggin in.