Chapter 17

BACK AT THE CONVENT.

Mother Tekla roams around her room, in her hand was a book that she kept flipping through pages. Turning her gaze to the window, in her eyes held fear and distress.
A knock at her door alerted her, "Come in" she motioned and the door opened, Catherine coming in with worry on her face.

"Mother," she said bowing slightly, "The sisters from the school said that Maria never came there, it's already a week mother, do you think anything would have happened to her?" Catherine asked worriedly as her brown eyes flickered in discomfort.

Sighing, Mother Tekla removed her glasses, rubbed her eyes in thoughts, she didn't know what is wrong. Maria would have reached the school three days ago but it's already a week and she can't place it. Did she get lost? Did she get attacked by wild animals? she couldn't appropriately place her thoughts.
Looking up at Catherine who stood still staring at her, she managed to smile even though her heart was deeply worried, "Go to your domain Catherine, I know Maria is fine wherever she is, I will try my best to look for her in the best way I can" she assured the young nun.

Nodding her head, Catherine left the office as she walks down the hall. She knows Maria so much, more than anyone else, she won't just do something if she isn't in trouble and it borders her a lot. She and Maria grew together in the church and came to the convent to start their new lives as nuns on the same day. Although Maria is a year older than her, Catherine loves her like her sister and would do anything to make her happy.
Wrapping her rosary around her hand, she entered the chapel, knelt near the altar as her eyes showed with fear;
"Lord Jesus, please keep her safe wherever she is. Maria is my only sister and friend and I don't want any harm to befall her, please Lord"  she prayed silently closing her eyes in meditation. She prays things to go fine with Maria, She hopes.

******************************
The four sisters walked deeper leaving the woods and going deep into the mountains. The fierce frostiness gored on Maria as she rubs her hand together against the wild cold.
Ammit, Aynaet and Ahazu walked silently without reacting to the cold which left Maria puzzled. She was shivering here and they were walking perfectly fine which surprised her.

Aynaet noticed her behavior, taking out her outer cloak, she hands it over to Maria to wear.
"Sorry, I can't take it, you will be left with nothing to protect yourself from the cold" Maria said looking intensively at her.

A smile crept onto Aynaet face as Ammit and Ahazu stopped looking back at them.
"We don't feel cold at all" Ammit spoke up.

Looking at them with confused eyes, Maria looked around, "This place is so cold and snow falling intensively from the sky, we have been walking around these mountains for hours and you can't feel any cold?" She asked still bewildered.

Ahazu smirked coming closer to Maria, "You will understand soon, now we are far away from Italy, you might be surprised how we got here but with time you will understand" she explained giving Ammit a look which made her smirk.

Maria collected the cloak from Ahazu and they walked further, the deeper they went, the more the intense cold overwhelmed Maria.
Ammit signaled them as they began to climb a mountain. Maria found it difficult, her long skirt couldn't let her do so freely. She looked at the 3 sisters who climbed so easily like they have been doing it their whole life. The cold and her inexperience worsened the case and she began to slip down. Immediately, Aynaet caught her hand and assisted her as they climbed together.
Finally, they got to the top of the mountain. The breeze there was so intense and Maria began to shiver and chatter her teeth. The 3 sisters looked just fine as they gazed around, their eyes searching for something.

"She should be somewhere here" Ahazu whispered walking closer to Ammit who stood at a distance.
Maria watched them with confused feeling, who will want to live in such a place, here was so cold that she might not last a day, this place is terrible!.

Rubbing her hands together, her legs were hurting, Maria sighted something which looked like an ice stool. Sitting on it, her butt grew intensively cold, not able to bear it, she stood up glancing around tiredly.

Suddenly, they heard a voice, looking around, the cold breeze made everywhere so dim that they couldn't see a thing. Instantly, a girl appeared from the frost walking towards them. Her skin was as white as snow and her clothing white which sparkled in delight. She had long white hair which flew along with the breeze making her look elegant. A large white crown on her head and an animal which Maria couldn't describe as the frost was too thick for her to see through.

Ammit smiled walking closer to her, "See who is here" she muttered hugging her.

Ahazu went closer to her, " You can never change with this your hide and seek game Allocen" she smirked cuddling her.

Allocen looked at them with sparkled eyes, she looked a bit taller than the rest but slender and beautiful.
"What took you so long sisters, it's been years?" She asked with her tiny voice which reverberated in the mountains.

"We were waiting for the right time," Aynaet remarked smiling.

Maria stared at Allocen wondering how she could live so well in this hazardous place.
Looking further, Allocen glimpsed at Maria who stood apart shivering. She walked up to her with the animal in her hand as she strokes it in delight. When she got closer to Maria, Maria recognizes the animal as a dog with white fur which left her amazed wondering how an animal would live here without freezing to death.

Allocen's black eyes pierced deeply on Maria as she silently studied her not saying a word. Raising her eyebrow, she smiled;
"Welcome sister, you look exactly as legend prophecied," she remarked with a smile.

"She is a nun, hope you get that," Aynaet said from behind.

Smirking, Allocen gazed at Maria, "Legend never lies Aynaet, I knew she was going to be a nun and I am not surprised" she announced confidently. Wrapping her hand around Maria, surprisingly, her touch felt warm on Maria's skin.
"We will make a great team" she whispered to Maria.

Removing her grip, Maria stared at her with a reassuring face, "Let me get things clear, I am never going to be part of this prophecy, I am only here to stop this from occurring" she stated.

Stroking her pet, Allocen gently placed it on the ground as she held a smile on her face, not saying a word, she showed Maria her dot, four at the same place her sister have theirs. "You have to accept the truth, this is the reason why we all were conceived by our human mothers, everything has been planned by Lucifer, that was why we his seeds were sprung on earth, we all have his blood running through our veins" she came closer to Maria placing a hand on her shoulder, "This is our destiny sister, we can't fight this, what is meant to be will be" she explained with a stern face glaring at Maria.

Removing Allocen's hand from her, Maria smiled, "As long as I am concerned, I won't let this happen" she assured walking away from her.

Sighing, Allocen looked at Ammit who rolled her eyes, "Alright, let's go to my abode, we have a lot to discuss" Allocen stated as they walked down along a bridge, Allocen leading the way.