Chapter 24

"Here," Ammit handed a book to Maria. Looking puzzled, Maria glanced at it realizing its content is empty.
"What is this for?" Maria asked turning her gaze to Ammit.
Slowly, Ammit swiveled her eyes to Maria and smirked, "You will find out soon" she replied swerving her gaze back to her sisters who looked prepared.
Looking out of the window, the sun was up and shining fiercely.
Ammit turned to her sisters, "It's time" She said and her sisters nodded in a union.

Walking towards the door, Ammiy opened it and walked out, her sisters followed suit.
Exhaling, Maria made the sign of the cross, she looked up at the sky with a heavy heart, without any clue of what is ahead of her, turned her gaze to her sisters and walked closely behind them.

******************************
Filippo got to his monastery with unspoken thoughts on his mind, he wondered what was happening but he couldn't place them all. Getting into his room, Filippo gently opened his closet, picked up a key, and walked out of the room and down the church hall towards a direction. The unknown beast he came in contact with on his way to the convent was so strange to him. Deep inside, Filippo knows that who he encountered is not just a demon but more powerful than a normal being. "What does he want from me?" Filippo asked himself as his footsteps echoed in the quiet hall. He heard strange whispers around him, quickly, he looked around but saw no one. Closing his eyes, he pushed the thought away from his mind.

Finally, he got close to a door, shoving his hand in his pocket as he brought out the key. Carefully, he unlocked the door. Staring into the room which was so dark that he couldn't see a thing. Taking out a small torch, he walked into the room, the dim light gave him the way. As he walked deeper, books stood at each shelf looking dusty.
This is the church's old library but after so many years, it was banned for any priest to get access to it due to its contents and rumors concerning demonic possessions. But the spare key was handed to him by the late priest who was in charge of the room years ago before it was banned. On his death bed, Rev. Collins instructed Filippo never to open the door to this room or let anyone have access to the room until the appointed time comes when Filippo starts to experience strange things around him. Filippo promised as he watched the old priest die slowly. This happened 5 years ago and ever since then, he has stayed far away from this room until today.

Filippo walked deeper into the large room as his hand touched the books that were neatly arranged on each shelf. It was so dusty and filled with cobwebs which was not a surprise to him. After going around for a while as his heart couldn't decide on what to do, the unusual whispers continued around him but anytime he veered around, he saw nothing. Without any clue, Filippo left the room, locked it immediately, and went up to his domain. Getting into his room, his roommate Lorenzo was sent on missionary work and will be back in two days so he was alone for now.
Tired, Filippo lay on his bed with so many sentiments on his mind as he tossed around in confusion. Something terrible is about to happen and he knows it, his dreams, signs, and his attack on the way to the Bridgettine Convent, everything isn't just coincidence but signs, pure signs of danger but he doesn't know what's going to occur.
Exhausted, he drifted off into a deep slumber.

A terrible scream pierces through Filippo's eardrum. Startled as his heart began to race, he looked around and saw a mighty crowd running heavily towards him. His eyes widened in terror as the mob came closer to him without ease. Closing his eyes as he waited to be crushed down by them, surprisingly, they passed through him running far away as their screams deepen. Shocked at what just happened, Filippo looked back at the crowd filled with curiosity and shock. A little boy came running towards him with tears on his face, "Papa" the poor boy cried loudly looking around for someone has he ran through the crowd.

Overwhelmed with sympathy, Filippo walked towards him, "Who are you looking for young child?" He asked compassionately. Bending down to touch the boy, to his surprise, the little boy walked through him crying as he stepped forward.
Shocked, Filippo stood up and ran towards him, he tried to hold the little boy's hand but his body passed through the child who walked away not seeing him or noticing his presence at all.