Chapter 10 - The Rising Sun

Sooo
This is the last chapter, contains Gon and Killua fluff!
Have fun
------------------
"I'm so...tired..." Killua whispered into someones ear. He was only vaguely aware that he was kneeling and leaning in to another body that was bearing his weight. The other returned words in kind, they drifted lightly on warm breath that tickled his ear. The words did not come clearly to him, he could not separate them or form them into a sentence; but with them came a cluster of sentiment that transcended the boundaries of language. These sentiments relayed impressions of security, comfort, and warmth to Killua. His instincts were clamouring at his consciousness, trying to wrestle him alert and screaming warnings of vulnerability. Yet something else inside of him was repeating like a drum beat, drowning out the cries of his primal instincts, trust this, trust him, trust...and rest it resonated.

Killua abandoned his instincts entirely and allowed his consciousness to fade, trusting in the comforting rhythm of the message that seemed in time with his own heart beat. He was faintly aware of a hand running fingers gently through his hair while another hand pressed him close to the warm body that held his weight. The sensation seemed to melt away all of his concerns, silencing finally that part of his mind unremittingly prone to his inherent tendencies. The arms within which Killua found himself delivered complete salvation, their loving hold erected a barrier against anything that might cause harm or discomfort. For a moment, this barrier was reminiscent of Killua's common state of loneliness and the protection from feeling it awarded. But he soon discerned that here and now, this cocoon like feeling granted by the arms of his currently undistinguishable saviour, was so vastly different from the impediment to feeling that his prior retreat into loneliness cast. This barrier allowed the passage of some feelings, but only those that granted tranquility.

These were the last impressions that came to Killua before he faded completely. For the first time in his life, Killua slept without the torment of nightmares, without visitation of his painful past and somewhere outside and opposite to the numbing grip of loneliness.

Killua's consciousness came back to him in waves. At first there were simply brief sensations; his sensory abilities slowly awakening, delivering information about his surroundings but only in a simplistic manner. Killua could sense a soft surface beneath him, so that he knew he must be lying down. A warm breeze indicated that he was somewhere outside. A sound from above reminiscent of rustling foliage strongly implied that he was also beneath a tree. Killua could also sense that he wasn't alone. Although there was no one near him that he could immediately detect, there was a presence within him; something that was definitely not part of Killua's identity, either metaphysical or physical.

As Killua struggled to bring himself to see he was suddenly blinded by bright, white light. It was hot and seared his vision shut again. Killua sat up and decided that his eyes had not adjusted yet, but he could tell that he was outdoors somewhere, as he had suspected. The lack of any outline of structures within the light during his brief glimpse indicated he was not anywhere near Heaven's Arena. But he had caught sight of a figure, it appeared right at the centre of his momentary vision like a rough sketch of a shadow on a pristinely white piece of paper. It was off in the distance a fair way and had wavered slightly, as if amidst a fluid backdrop. He couldn't make out who it was. Killua opened his eyes again and struggled to draw focus to his vision but the blinding light was fierce to his sensitive eyes. As Killua gave his sight time to adjust he willed his other body parts to move, deciding to take complete account of his current physical state. His body was extremely sore but he was without major injury. Killua briefly noticed that he was only wearing a pair of shorts, his shirt and shoes had been removed.

Killua brought his hands back to his face and rubbed at his eyes realizing that some remnants of sleep remained. He cleared them of the residue and finally his eyes drove to focus. Slowly a picture formed before him.