Chapter 4: Anthing You Want

Quick warning, slash fluff, boy on boy affection, (sorry for lack of lemon so far) so ah, if it weirds you out, you might wanna wander off...

Pony walked home from school the next day. He was tired. He'd fallen asleep during the movie the night before. He'd fallen asleep and ended up in Brooklyn's lap with Brooklyn's jacket and arm around him. Brooklyn had fallen asleep too. Pony wished he could say more had happened but Steve and Two Bit had snuck up to the car and jumped on the hood. The thought of falling asleep in Brooklyn's arms kept Pony awake the rest of the night and the idle speculation that things might've gone differently in the back seat of Brooklyn's car.

It was a half day at schooland Pony was glad because he planned on sleeping. He opened the door and went to his room, setting his books and bag down. He went to the kitchen and got a glass of milk (authoress was conscious stricken due to mucho consumption of soda, they have to have nice teeth I suppose). He heard muffled voices and started. Darry was supposed to be at work, wasn't he? So was Soda. He followed the dim conversation to Darry's door and stopped, listening. He could barely hear so he put his ear to the key hole. He didn't know why he would dare listen in on his older brother's private conversations but these circumstances made him curious. Darry washome in the middle of the day, when no one else would be and talking to someone in his bedroom. He was in that kind of mindset because of Brooklyn.

"Come on, you know we could do it. Don't you want to?" Darry asked. His tone implied a touch of persuasion and a gentle plea. Pony almost left then and there. It was personal, whatever was going on.

"I don't know Superman." Brooklyn's voice, subdued startled Pony.

"Don't worry so much. Nothing bad will happen." Darry said.

"What about Pony? How-"

"Just think about it." Pony darted to his room because he heard Darry get up and continued listening to the conversation through the thinnest possible crack in his was still in Darry's room since his voice was raised to reach Darry.

"Darry, wait a second-"

"I've gotta get back to work. You've got the rest of the day off since you're hurt. Stay here and pick up Pony at school when he gets off."Darry was hurrying and Pony heard the door open.

"Darry-"

"I'm only asking you to think about it, Brookey." He heard the door shut and a loud sigh. He widened the gap in the door and saw Darry's door was open and Brooklyn was on his bed.

"Pony?" How the hell did he know Pony was here? Pony opened the door and walked to Darry's room.

"Hey. How'd you know I was home?" He tried to avoid looking guilty.

"Heard you come in." He was on his stomach and his knit brows gave Pony the impression he was in pain. His tool belt was on the floor at the foot of the bed.

"Did you hurt yourself?" Pony asked.

"Yeah. Pulled a muscle in my back. Take a seat." Pony sat on the bed and shifted. He wondered if he'd interpreted the conversation correctly. It certainly looked like he had.

"Something wrong?" Pony asked, not knowing what else to say.

"No. You probably heard some of that conversation, right?" Pony flushed.

"Yeah."

"Your brother wants to start a construction company of his own with me, building houses and stuff around here." Brooklyn said. Pony nodded and started breathing again. That was a much better explanation of what had been said. "What do you think?" Brooklyn asked. He winced as he shifted to look at Pony. Pony stared and remained speechless for a long moment.