Chapter 18

Myra's eyes blinked opened slowly, her bedroom filled with a faint candle light. She turned her head finding Kira seated on a chair beside her bed reading a book, her silver eyes casting a soft glow over the pages of the book she was reading.

She felt warmth at her side where Alison was curled up, hugging the girl tightly against her side.

"What happened?" Myra muttered.

Kira raised her eyes from the book with a gentle smile as Alison's arms gave her a gentle squeeze. "You got your wolf, and your vampire, and you didn't kill anyone. So I'd say that was a success."

She tried to remember exactly what happened, but she only remembered being on the ground in pain, before seeing Alexis's face. "Where's Alexis? Is she okay?"

"She's fine. Probably in bed resting." Kira answered. "You bit her, but Sarah healed her good as new. You didn't hurt her. We got a little nervous there, but it all sorted itself out well in the end regardless."

"I was worried." Alison muttered into her neck.

"How do you feel now?" Kira asked.

Myra thought about it a bit. That feeling was still clawing at the back of her thoughts, whispering to be set free, but it sounded much farther away than it was before.

"I feel a bit better. My head is quieter." Myra confessed.

"Emma was listening to it for a while there before she figured out how to grasp it and pull it away." Kira explained, putting a book mark in her book before shutting it and setting it on her lap. "It should be much easier to deal with now."

"Yeah." Myra muttered. Thank you Emerald. I don't know what I'd do without you.

Remember that the next time I ask you for your cake. Emerald retorted.

Myra chuckled at the thought. "She'll never let me live it down I'm sure."

"Good." Kira laughed. "I tried to tell Alison you'd be alright now, but she didn't want to hear it."

"Let me have this." Alison growled. Myra could feel the rumble in her mother's chest and knew that she was probably letting her own wolf get the better of her in her worry. She wanted to make sure her pup was okay, so this was where she was going to stay.

"Don't worry. I don't mind the company." Myra smiled leaning her head atop her mother's. "I kinda miss sneaking into bed with you guys."

"We do too." Kira smiled, setting her book on the nightstand. "Seeing as you're feeling better, I guess we all can get some sleep."

Myra extended her hand out from under the covers towards Kira who rolled her eyes before climbing into bed with them. Kira moved so her head was resting on Myra's shoulder before pulling the blankets up over her own head. She could feel her parent's hands over her stomach, and realized that they were holding hands over her. She couldn't help but smile at how much love she felt between them. Not only did they care for each other, but they cared just as deeply for Myra herself.

"You left the candle burning." Myra muttered.

"Let it. Just in case." Kira answered.

"Smells nice." Alison muttered, her voice already groggy like she was tired.

"That too." Kira agreed.

It did not take long for them to fall asleep. Myra was not as tired, as she had just woken up. She could feel sleep creeping up on her but it did not take her as quickly as she expected. Instead, when she closed her eyes she concentrated on Emerald's mind inside her own.