Chapter 19

Myra sighed nervously from where she was seated in the throne room. A large table had been placed in the center of the room with the throne overlooking the table itself. Rose was seated on the throne looking down the people seated, though her face was buried in her hands like this was something she was dreading doing. Amy and Amber were surprisingly not at her side, and instead seemed to be vacant from the room.

The table was split into four parts. One was Silver and was pointed towards Rose, and to the left was Gold, the right was Bronze, and opposite the Silver was a light blue. Kira, Aviri, Alison and Myra were seated on the silver side, with Kira and Aviri on the ends and Alison and Myra between them, so Myra was seated between Aviri and Alison.

On the gold side, Alice and Sarah sat with Shana between them, and on the bronze side Minerva, Serana and Jade sat, though there were two empty chairs. Finally, on the blue side were two empty chairs as well. The center of the table had a large white gem placed into the table itself, almost like a mirror.

Alison put a comforting hand on Myra's back and gave her a warm smile, even though everyone else was dead silent, like something horrible was going to happen.

There was a knock on the door before it was pushed opened and Rose jumped to her feet waiting to see her children. Instead, bronze eyes met hers as someone else entered the room. She relaxed a bit and returned to her seat as Minerva, Serana and Jade smiled widely as two people entered into the room.

The bronze eyed woman had very short brown hair that looked like it had been dipped in bright red dye. She had a spider tattoo on her neck, as well as a giant rose vine tattoo on her arm. She was wearing a jean jacket vest and a white V-neck T-shirt with ripped skinny jeans and black sneakers. The girl behind her had cherry blonde hair that was tied up in a messy bun and was wearing a light red sweater, black jeans and white sneakers. She had normal green eyes, though they almost seemed to spark occasionally with an odd magic about them, and change to blue for a split second.

"Sorry we're late." The women smiled weakly. "We would have got here sooner but we were a little pre-occupied."

Myra recognized them as Anikke Stargazer and her immortal girlfriend Aeriin. She met them occasionally, but never really had a chance to sit down and have a full conversation with them. She knew they were both very nice and so she wasn't worried about them being here, but she was certainly curious.

"Did you see anyone outside?" Rose asked curiously.

Anikke shook her head as she and Aeriin moved over to the Stargazer side of the table, giving her sister's hugs. Aeriin spoke in her stead. "There was no one around when we appeared in the lobby, no."

"I do hope you haven't invited mother to this conversation." Anikke narrowed her eyes at the table.

"Not physically." Rose answered. "But Agora and Zia will be present through a scrying mirror for a short while. So I am glad you're here in case it really does come to blows."

This won't just blow over with words." Anikke answered. "I know my mother. She doesn't respect or honor your wishes. She does everything for her own gain. If she's really allied with Agora, she's just using him to overpower you. There's no reasoning that we can do."

"I don't intend to reason with them. It's a formality to make them think I still value their opinions." Rose confessed. "If things come to blows, I am prepared to face the reality that I may have to kill my own children."

"How? You can't leave the castle." Minerva noted.

Kira and Aviri narrowed their eyes as Kira rose to her feet. "Of course she can leave. She's simply honoring the wishes of the Hunter's Guild. That doesn't mean she can't-"