Chapter 3

FINALLY DONE. IM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT PLEASE FORGIVE ME. *bows* I really hope you guys like the chapter! I worked really hard on it, almost deleted it twice hehe 😅 but here it is in all its glory. Read on great ones. read on.

Double D's POV.

As I was walking along the trail next to the forest on my way home, I saw my neighbor riding his bike toward the baseball field. He saw me and pulled over "hey" he said "hi" I replied quietly, "I have a good feeling about this one. We are gunna win this game." I laughed "Well I trust your good feelings, they haven't been wrong yet" he grinned widely "Well most of the ones we win your there, so I guess your our very own lucky charm." I quickly realized what he said and started to slightly blush, I looked away but I swear I saw him wink at me out of the corner of my eye. I looked back up and he smiled before saying "well see ya at the game Double D" with that he got on his bike and raced off for last minute practice. "See you there Kevin" I said with a smile, and then continued on my way home.

~Time skip provided by lazy Author~

As I was pulling my house keys out of my pocket and walking up the steps to my home, I heard a noise from my bag. I knew it was my phone, but why would anyone message me? I mean yeah it could be Eddie with another stupid plan, but the ringtone I set for him was different. I don't remember setting this one for anybody. I unlocked my front door and went inside, shut the door, put my bag down, grabbing my phone of course, and walked into the kitchen to get some goldfish crackers out of the pantry. When I had my snack I went upstairs to my room to check my phone, I sat on my bed and took a look at the messages app. It was...Sam...wow...I didn't even remember giving him my number, no wonder I didn't recognize the ring tone. ( <>=Sam - -=DD ) <hey> -what's up?- <not much just chillin before the game, you gunna be here?> -yeah, you got me a pass?- <yep in your mailbox> -cool, thanks- <no problem DD see you later, hope you enjoy the game> -I will try, thanks- I put my phone down and finished my goldfish. I went downstairs and put the bowl in the sink, I went back upstairs, quickly changed clothes, grabbed my phone wallet and house keys, and swiftly left the house. I grabbed the pass from my mailbox and sent Eddie a text telling him I was going to the game, even though I know he wasn't going to join me, I didn't want him to just sho up at my house and be mad cause I wasn't there. When I finished I set on my way to the baseball field, with a great sense of school pride and hopefulness of a winning team.