Chapter one

*CRASH* "oh no" I whispered as the equipment came crashing down. "NOOO!!! GET AWAY FROM THERE!!!!!" I screamed as I ran towards her since she was currently under the falling pieces of metal, wood, nails and steel pipes. "NO DOUBLE-D!!!"

~

Wait, wait, wait!!! I should probably go back and explain this considering you have no clue what's going on here. Lets go back to before the confusing part, it all started on a Friday right before school let out for the summer.

~

Double D's  P.O.V. 

I was sitting in class looking over my 5 page essay for this summers reading program, I had to turn it in early because I knew I wouldn’t have time for it this summer. I had enough on my plate trying to keep my friends out of trouble, Eddy with his schemes, and Ed with his…well everything. We had about 6 minutes left before school ended and everyone was restless, who wouldn’t be? It was our last year as middle scholars, next year we were high scholars. Next year we were freshmen, the underdogs again, but it didn’t matter. We were excited to be going to high school, most of us at least. I got up to turn in my essay, no surprise I didn’t have any mistakes, I’m a straight A student. By now we had about 4 minutes left, I went back to my seat and got my stuff ready to leave. “Hey double dork!!” I turned my head to the sound of my dreadful nickname that the baseball team's captain gave me, “you gunna be at the game tonight?” the tall boy asked me, Sam. “I don’t know Sam, I might be, but of course I still have to keep Ed and Eddy out of trouble-“ “as always” Sam said rolling his eyes “I know I know, but they need supervision at all times.” I said with a sigh. Sam was the only player on the baseball team who wasn’t mean to me or picked on me.  I was thankful for that, considering almost everyone made fun of me. I looked at the clock and started toward the back of class "where are you going?" Sam asked me "away from the door where a stampede will surely trample me if i get to close." he started to follow me not wanteing to get chrushed himself probably.