Chapter 5

Double D's POV.

It was close, last inning, we were winning but not by much. The game was stuck in a looping pattern. We got a home run, they got us out, they got a home run, we got them out. Us, them, us, them, ect. This is really intense.

Kevin's POV.

This is taking to long. How is this even happening, this game has lasted three and a half hours. I looked up to the crowed from the bench searching for my friends. I saw my friends, but i didn't see my neighbor. I looked to the right side of the stands, and then to the left, in the top left corner something black and white caught my eye. We made eye contact and I grinned, she smiled a soft smile with her eyes closed causing her face to scrunch up a little, and then went back to intently watching the game. 'That was so cute........WHAT?! WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I THINKING?!?!?! I have to get my mind straight and focus back on the game!! >////< ' I looked back at the field trying to distract myself from those thoughts.

Sam's POV.

'Damn this game is long as shit' I thought as I glanced at the guy who sat next to me on the bench, Carter was his name I think. He was kinda small for a batter but hey thats coaches call not mine. I looked around the field, we had one guy on third and one on first. Jack was up to bat, the pitcher through the ball. Jack swung. Everyone on the edge of their seats in anticipation. *CRACK* the ball flew through the air. The crowd was cheering as Jack rounded first going to second. The ball became a home run, and Jack came jogging back to the bench grinning slightly "well next we get out, sorry guys" "nah man its cool we are defiantly going to win this, the good luck "charm's" here hehe" Kamron glanced at the stadium seats towards a girl in green. Curly Smith "shut up man" Jack glared at him blushing his face off, we laughed loudly before coach told us to take this seriously like Kevin was. Bullshit he was taking this seriously, I mean he was staring into the crowd like a total creep, but what is he looking for??? I leaned closer to see where he was staring only to find he was looking at his neighbor, must be nothing, maybe he was thinking of inviting her to aftergame' suddenly he shook his head and stared back at the field his face was bright red, 'what the hell? did he remember what happened a few years ago?' I looked back at her again to see she was sitting near some of the football cheerleaders. 'ohhh, that makes more sense haha' I went back to the game and looked at the clock. "Damn eight minutes left and we just got them out. This is going to be a tight game boys" Coach Johann said as he let his left hand which had his clipboard fall to his side. "Yeah but we have to keep pushing. We have to win you guys." Nick said as he stood to take place next to Coach. "keep your spirits up guys." Jake said grinning. Just then Coach shouted from the field "Carter! your up to bat!" Carter stood and walked up to the plate.

~TIME SKIP~

Kevin's POV.

"Last three minutes and we just got them out this game is done for" Josh sighed "At least we tried guys" Carter said somberly. "No" this time Sam was speaking for the group "We will win this. After all we are Peach Creek Cobblers" "He's right you guys, since when do we give up even when all we have is three minutes left?" I stood up as I spoke "when its the Derby Panthers" Josh retorted "We've beaten the Commerville Titans with 5 minutes left and we just about lost that one" I looked at Sam, pride was swimming through his eyes. That was his win, 5 minutes had dwindled down to 10 seconds when he ran, he hit a home run but he had to make it to the base. And he did so with 2 seconds to spare. "Come on you guys don't be Debbie Downers, we so got this!" Sam held his fist out signaling the Cobblers Iron fist, immediately I joined in.  No one else got up to join in, I gave Carter a pleading look willing him to join. If he did it so would the others, he sighed and joined in giving us a smile and then looking to the rest of the team. 1 by 1 everyone began to stand and put their fists in, Josh was the only one who hadn't joined us. We all looked at him, smiling and Josh finally sighed "Fine whatever dudes" He put in his fist and we completed the handshake and focused back onto the game. 

I am so sorry. I was eaten by a bear. Please don't kill me. 856 words in this chapter.