Chapter Seventeen

Petal cried herself to sleep that night

Petal cried herself to sleep that night. These people were so rude & unwelcoming. It was obvious they didn't like her. Why didn't they like her though? Wasn't she a good girl? She agrees that she messes up sometimes but overall she always does what she is told. Why did Alpha Denver take her? He won't let her study, he makes her work just like Alpha Raphael except his punishments are different. When he bites her on the neck she feels like rabbits are jumping inside her tummy. She feels happy when he is contented with her. She wants his approval. Though his punishments leave her broken and scared they are better than getting hit with a cane, being starved or locked up in darkness. Petal dozed of to dream-land thinking about her old life when papa was alive.

                                    ♡

The next day when Petal was cooking breakfast for Denver a lady came into the kitchen. It was the same lady from before, who smashed her cup of hot chocolate. She was looking at her with disgust and anger. Petal couldn't point out why this lady was shouting.

"Move aside filthy girl, I am here for Dahlia, she won't touch the shit that you're making", Diana growled making Petal flinch.

Petal moved aside and made room for Diana to cook. Petal made waffles, pancakes and cinnamon rolls, bacon and scrambled eggs. Alpha Denver ate a lot so Petal always cooked types of breakfast. Denver also demanded fresh juice every morning. Sometimes he will add a little bit of Petals blood in the juice. Petals squeezed some orange juice for Denver. She was done cooking when she noticed Diana was busy typing on her phone and she seemed angry about something. Denver and Dahlia came down for breakfast and Diana had not prepared anything for Dahlia because she was busy typing on her phone. Petal served Denver's breakfast and stood by his side.

"Diana where is my breakfast?", Dahlia asked. Diana paled but composed herself. She looked at Petal and gave her an evil smirk.

"I wanted to make your breakfast Dahlia but this filthy girl here didn't let me, she said if you don't want to eat her breakfast then you are not getting any." Petal gasped at the lie and looked at Denver. Denver had an emotionless face.