Chapter Twenty Three

Sometimes we ignore the happiness we already have while searching for better goodness

Sometimes we ignore the happiness we already have while searching for better goodness. Denver was doing just the same. He once ignored his mother's love just to be with the woman he thought was his mate. And now he is ignoring his affection for Petal. After their time together, he felt something for Petal that he shouldn't have, and the feeling is making him guilty. He shouldn't have taken advantage of her but if he didn't someone else would. He was anxious about meeting Moon, afraid that she might tell him something he doesn't want to believe.

~~

Petal was recovering from her heat. The sweet pain between her thighs reminded her what Denver did to her, what his tongue did and hands did. But the shame came crashing down right after. She let someone touch her, she let a man whose mate was dead defile her. She always wanted to preserve herself for someone special like the others in her pack did. She knew she will never have a mate but the idea of being loved by someone unconditionally really went deep in her heart. She understood that Denver didn't possess any special feelings for her. This morning he made sure that she knew that.

He had pulled her into a corner and said, "Don't act all shy with the blushing, you wanted that and I am a man so couldn't resist, remember you seduced me like an enchantress, I didn't force you."

By the time he finished Petal had tears in her eyes. Those words hurt. She didn't understand why she acted like a wanton woman. She is never like that. She had acted out of line and she deserved it.

"Oh, how foolish I am", she thought.

~~

Denver paced around his study, Moon should be here soon. Kyros knocked on the door and entered with a tall, petite woman behind him. Her dark hair and blazing eyes are reminders of her being a witch.

She came forward and kissed Denver's hand, "Pleased to meet you alpha, I am glad to be in your service"

Denver didn't like these old fashioned
greetings, he concluded that she is old enough, damn these witches don't age.