Chapter Forty Two

As said gradma Esmae stayed in the mansion

As said gradma Esmae stayed in the mansion. Petal slept peacefully unaware of the things going around her, she didn’t wake up untill late in the morning. When she glanced at the clock, he eyes widened she has slept past her bedtime! And it never  happened before. She freshened up and quickly ran to the kitchen. The house was quite... and there was someone in the kitchen. Did someone hire a new maid?

"Hi I am Camilla, you must be Petal?", the girl said. She seemed to be a few years older than Petal, with brown hair and blue eyes, she was pretty.

"Hi.... sorry I woke up late and you had to do everything alone, I'll clean up", Petal apologised.

"Oh no, you don't get to work now at this stage, the new maids will clean up twice a week", Camilla said smiling.

Petal couldn’t understand why? Is Denver going to leave her at some orphanage now? She agrees that she had been rude to him but he wouldn’t be this cruel right?

"Now come on, you need to have breakfast, I am sure the babies are hungry", Camilla said dragging Petal with her. Petal looked at her dumfounded.

"What babies?", Petal asked.

"Your babies silly, you're expecting", Camille laughed. Petal stopped at her tracks. All the events of yesterday came crashing down at her. Grandma Esmae, the family dinner, her carrying pups and fainting later on. Petal had tears in her eyes.

"I have made you food that won't make you nauseous, come on now after eating you need to take your vitamins", Camilla said and looked behind her. Petal was standing there, a hand on her belly and tears in her eyes.

" Hey, hey what happened? Is it the hormones?", Camille asked panicked.

"I__ have a baby in my belly?", Petal asked choking on her tears.

"Not a baby, you have two babies in your belly, now come", Camilla said and made Petal sit on the dining table. Petal was in a deep thought. She has two lifes inside her...she is going to have babies, her own family. She wanted a family so bad but she didn’t want to be a mother this soon. She didn’t even know the father of her babies. What if Denver tries to kill her babies? She won't let him. Grandma Esmae's voice made her to snap back to reality.

"Why arent you eating child?"

"I___don't understand madame... I don't feel hungry", Petal whispered.

"Eat the fruits at least and take your medicines, you need to be strong and call me grandma dear"

"He is going to kill my babies grandma", Petal cried.

"No he will not, I'll beat him if he ever thinks of it, now eat your breakfast, we need to be in Dahlia's baby shower", Esmar ushered.

Petal wiped her tears and began eating, she was so hungry but afraid that she might throw up later.