"I have always depended on the kindness of strangers..."

It was finally the weekend! Although I've only had 4 days at W E D High it feels like I've been there forever, in good ways and bad ways. I was up to my eyes in assignments and exam prep, I hated most of the people at my school minus the few I hang out with.
I'd gotten to know Adam more and more, he didn't seem to be the guy they all talked about. The bad-ass rebel who goes through girls like gum and when he's done all that's left is a sticky lump on the bottom of his brand new Chuck Taylor's.
I mean it's not like I've known him long? I've had a longer, more meaningful relationship with a pencil topper.
When I woke up it was such a nice, sunny day. It wasn't a school day so it was around 1:30 in the afternoon It reminded me of the peaceful days in my little town back in France which made me feel this strange double feeling of both sadness and relief.
I checked my phone and had one missed call. I didn't recognise the number so I just ignored it and got out of bed.
When I got downstairs my dad had left a note...
Belle,
I'm going to a showcase in Michigan, there's food in the refrigerator but if you have to go for groceries there's $25 in your shoes by the door. I'll be back next weekend but I'll call, you're in charge of the house. Keep it clean, no parties, no boys. I'm sorry I won't see you before Hans' party but have fun.
I love you Beauty,
Dad xo
I had the whole house to myself for a week?! Awesome!!
Dad wasn't home much because his career was pretty much his life but it didn't matter to me. It had always been just the two of us, me and papa. When I was younger I'd go with him to all his showcases and inventions, I probably would have been forced to go this time if I wasn't in school. My dad is an inventor and he loved it more than anything, I think of all the jobs your parents can have my dad had by far one of the coolest.
I pour myself a bowl of Shredded Wheat and then look in the refrigerator and take out a banana. I slice the banana into small discs to put on my breakfast. Since my dad isn't home I eat in front of the TV in my PJs.
My phone buzzes next to me on the couch.
"Hey B, it's Adam. What you up to today?"
I'm both pleased and in complete shock as I read the text. I put my empty bowl down on the floor and type as fast as my fingers will allow.

Well hello what a surprise to hear
from you! I actually have the house to myself all week so nothing

Does that mean you are free to hang out with yours truly?

Hmmmm...I guess so, what did you have in mind?

You tell me...

You asked?!

Ahhh, but you are the one with the free house.

I remember my dad's note; "No parties. No boys" but one person coming over didn't exactly qualify as aparty and it wasn't like Adam was anymore than a friend, what was the worst that could happen?

I'll be ready in an hour, see you then

see you then B ;)

I quickly ran upstairs to get ready as quickly as possible. It took me at least 20 mins of choosing and swapping combos until I found the perfect outfit of blue jean shorts and white cotton blouse with spagetti straps and three buttons at the neckline. My make-up didnt take long, very neutral gold and honey tones to make the look more suited for this weather. I put my hair up in a high ponytail as usual and I was ready just in time.

After a few minutes I heard a knock on the door and immediately ran to open it. Adam was stood there looking as fine as ever in cropped navy chinos, black converse, a loose fitting, grey v-neck tee and his trademark biker jacket. He also carried a brown paper grocery bag but I couldnt see the contents.
I move to let him in and close the door.
"The lounge is through there"

"Thanks B"I wasn't sure what the obsession was with this new nickname all of a sudden but I wasn't sure I liked it all that much. I'd never had a nickname except my dad calling me Beauty on occasions, mostly when he felt bad for something. He puts the bag onto the coffee table and pulls out a case of beer.

"So what? You wanted to come over and what? Drink in the middle of the day? You know for a second I actually thought you wanted to see me" I shake my head and fake a smile.

"What's up with you? It's like the past couple of days we're married or something"

"What's that supposed to mean"

"I can't come over to see one of my bet friends without an alternative meaning? I just wanted to see you Belle and I thought what the hell? She's been in France for God knows how long she probably deserves a drink. If you want me to leave I will"

I feel so bad for ever doubting him because I know inside he's a good guy that puts in this bad-ass persona to everyone else. That's one of the reasons I like him so much, he lets me in, he lets me see the real him and not the him everyone else sees. "I'm sorry. I got a little uptight that's all. Lets have fun" I smile and grab a bottle of tequila from the bag before walking up stairs to my room. I'd rather the neighbours didn't see me drinking underage with a boy alone when I've only been in the neighbourhood a week.

****************

5 shots and 2 beers down and we're both getting the giggles. I feel funny but it's a good feeling for some absurd reason. He shouts "CHUG" each time I take swig until the bottle is completely empty (5 shots and 3 beers...)
"D'you wanna know the reason I get so uptight around you?" It's like I can't help but say words, before I know it I've let something else slip again and again and again.

"Enlighten me"

"I like you" he laughs "like really like you...like head over heels madly in love like you" he stops giggling and looks at me dead pan. Before I know it we kissing, and not just a peck a full front kiss. Before long we're making out, to say I lived in France so long I've never actually French kissed a boy. Everything was happening so fast and it confused me but I couldn't stop...and I didn't want it to stop. I realised that know and although it scared more than anything in my entire life I knew that if there was any possibility that I could this everyday, have him everyday, the fear was worth it. The fear was only temporary.