"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys"

When I wake up the next morning I feel surprisingly humble and at peace. The sun is streaming through the panes of my window and I can feel the heat from the comfort of my bed and it entices me to get up. I go to my closet and pull out a yellow summer dress since it's so nice out. I still slip on my black converse, my dad always says I wear my Chuck Taylor's too much.
When I get downstairs my dad's left a note saying he's gone to work next to a banana and peanut butter bagel in a paper bag. My favourite.
I hear Ariel's car horn from outside and dash out. If I had the choice I'd stay inside forever but that's not a choice apparently. Or so I've been told at least.

**************

When we pull up in the car park we're already late and there's only the stranglers hanging around outside in the quad.
"bye! Have fun today, I'll see you in the senior quad in your free period okay?" She runs off because she has prom committee (which I was too late to enrol in) and I dilly dally on my way towards my home room. Before I even get the door of the building a hand grabs my shoulder and I quickly spin around, startled.
"Hey Belle" it's just Adam. What am I talking about? IT'S ADAM! "Where you going at this fine hour?"
"Hey and ummm...homeroom? I'm pretty sure that's how the day usually starts?"
"I haven't been to home room since 9th grade, you up for it?" I'm slightly confused by the question.
"Up for what?"
"You wanna hang out?" What I'm thinking is "YES!!!" But I start to think that may come across as a tad weird and instead say...
"Umm...I guess so" while My brain is screaming in my skull.
We end up on the roof seeing how far we can throw pebbles. We laugh and joke at how much better he is than me.
"So it's official, I suck at sport" he laughs and ruffles my natural curls.
"Not that bad, you're alright. For a girl I guess" I jokingly punch him in the shoulder and throw another pebble. It hits Tiana, who's walking by, on the head and Adam pulls my down to the floor before she looks up.
He's laid practically on top of me, our legs intertwine and he holds his torso above mine. We both smile and he brushes a brown curl from my face. I swear to the gods we were getting closer, our faces almost touching when all of a sudden he pushes himself up and helps me to my feet.
At first I thought Adam was just some popular guy who was pretty hot but now I think I genuinely like him, it's crazy because I know nothing could ever happen and I've only know him for 2 days but it's like this is my destiny, he is my destiny and I am his. I hope.