Prologue

I thought starting at a new high school would be easy, a piece of cake. As it turns out it's kind of not. My name's Belle, when I was 10 I moved to France with my dad. The small town we lived in wasn't exactly full of "it" places to be but I liked living there. My dads a professor so he homeschooled me when we moved but now aged 17 he's been transferred back to Florida and I'll have to go to highschool for the first time. In some ways the move is good. I get to see my cousin, Ariel, again. Well we're half cousins which is why I don't share her red headed genes.

Since I've basically been cut off from the teenage world until now I don't even know how to make friends and I probably won't. I'll spend the rest of my school life cooped up in the library reading books, like I have done up til now, and try not to make too much of a fool of myself.

I've never had much experience in the way of boys either. I mean I've never actually talked to a boy my age or been to any teenage parties. Ariel's been to a couple and I've seen the pictures on Facebook but that's the closest I've ever gotten to partying. I'd much rather sit at home reading a good book in my bunny slippers than dancing at some club in heels. Living in a place like California is supposed to be every teenagers dream, or at least that's what I've read.