I Won't Be Any Trouble

Louis should have been more prepared for this, but he honestly wasn't. He should have known better. The young omega had been couch surfing for the last six months. Trying to earn a living wage as a lone omega was tough. The more typical omega professions besides being a homemaker were hard to come by. It wasn't like these omegas were oppressed, they just preferred staying home with their children. They would rather cook, clean, do laundry, live a quiet life while their Alpha's supported them. There was nothing wrong with that. If that was an option for Louis, he may have been inclined to take it a few years back.

At age 12, Louis went from a happy young omega who had no care in the world, to being on the run. His parents were never in his life, being an orphaned pup at birth. He was bounced around from foster home to foster home, never having somewhere to truly call his own. He'd been all around the country living with some of the best and the worst people known to man. When the boy turned 12 he had presented as an omega. Not incredibly rare, but mostly looked down upon in the area he had been living in. His foster mum Nora felt like her heart was being ripped to shreds as she helped the young pup pack a few bags. The older omega had tried to keep in contact with Louis as the years went by, trying to send him money from time to time, but his foster father Greg quickly put a stop to that.

For the first few years Louis had never stayed in one place. Hopping trains around the country, crashing in abandoned buildings and scavenging for food like a stray dog. He had tried to get a few jobs but as soon as the employer found out his age and secondary gender, those plans went out the window. Some more traditional employers found that employing omegas, regardless of gender, as risky. They were concerned about them being hurt by unruly Alphas near their rut, or Betas who were spiteful about having to work with someone of a "lesser" gender. Most Betas and Alphas were fine with omegas, there were just a few that were too "stuck in their ways". Louis always found that saying stupid.

After being fired from his job at the local pizza shop, Louis had found himself struggling to come up with enough money to pay rent at his "friend's" house. The manager at the pizza shop, a beta named Phil, couldn't be blamed for letting the 18 year old omega go. It truly was Louis' own fault. He was always horrible with cooking, which made him not the most ideal pick for a mate. He had burnt too many pies, even with extensive training. The beta had tried to figure out a new position for Louis, having him fold boxes, fill the topping containers, and take out the trash. But he had to finally let him go after catching him stealing for the third time. The first two times he was caught, it was only stealing a few pizzas, but this last time Louis' fingers were a little sticky. He had taken $250 from the register to pay his rent.

He truly thought it was ridiculous to pay $250 to sleep on someone's couch for a month, but it was the safest option for him. He would steal food from the local grocery store and occasionally from the pizza shop to keep himself fed. The betas he lived with now weren't horrible, but it wasn't the most ideal situation. He especially knew he needed to find a new place to live before his next heat. The betas he lived with were almost always drunk, he never had any kind of privacy and they constantly went through his bags. But his life wasn't at risk, he just needed a place to lay his head until he was in a new place. He had only been there for two months, but he knew he needed out soon.

That's why the omega held his head high as he walked into The Wolves Den. The Wolves Den was the biggest club in the city, really well known. There were two sections in the club, one side was the strip club, the other side was a more normal club. With loud music pounding almost 24/7, it attracted a lot of different crowds. Some were younger wolves from the local college trying to have a good time. Others were there for pleasure, watching the strippers work the poles in the tiniest outfits. He took a deep breath as he walked up to the door. A brunette Beta was there as security checking IDs and dealing with rowdy customers.