I Can Tell That Money's Got You Working

"I don't like this" Edward mumbled from where he was stood next to Louis. Harry wore a bright smile on his face as he looked back at his brothers and mate. "Come on Ed, they're well trained. They wouldn't try and hurt him with us here" the middle triplet explained. The Alpha brought his fingers to his mouth, letting out a loud whistle. The shrill sound broke through the quiet morning. The only noises were those of the birds saying good morning. Besides that, it was like they were completely alone. It was peaceful and Louis really enjoyed mornings at the triplet's house.

Instead of running over when called as a normal dog would, Ares and Hades stalked over menacingly. Even in the daylight, those two dogs were terrifying. Ares had his teeth barred as he glared at Harry, a low rumbling in the dog's chest. Louis hadn't noticed in the dark before, but Hades' eyes weren't like a normal dog's, no, Hades' eyes were red in colour. The omega who was originally excited to meet the 'puppies' as he had called them, was now taking a nervous step away from the dogs. He had put Edward in front of him as a barrier.

The omega peaked around Edward's body, looking at the scary-looking dogs. "You're okay, Blue" Marcel said as he walked forward to the dogs. As soon as the youngest triplet had gotten close to the two dogs, they had both laid down on the ground, staring up at the Alpha. The growling had stopped, teeth hidden again. "Come over here, baby," Harry said with a small smile. The middle alpha had his hand outstretched for the omega to take.

Louis nervously took Harry's hand, stepping out from behind Edward. The eldest still wasn't pleased about this. When he had found out last night that Harry had promised that their omega could meet their guard dogs, the man was furious. "They're not pets. It's not safe" the eldest had argued the night before, "what if he gets hurt? They've attacked us multiple times, that's why we don't get too close to them. That's why we have to throw their food into the yard instead of in a bowl. They're not pets". "You're being ridiculous. I spent enough time retraining them, they'll be fine. They only attacked you because you're an asshole".

"The Kangal Shepherd is Ares" Harry introduced the beige dog to Louis, "and the black pitbull is Hades". Louis peered down at the dogs who started rumbling again. They remained to lie where they were, but the omega was starting to set them off again. This was an unknown wolf to them and they were on edge.

The triplets never had guests over. They did have a cleaner and someone to tend to the land, but when they were around, one of the triplets would put the dogs away. The two dogs lived outside but had a warm den to go to when they weren't patrolling the property. There have been a couple of wolves who ended up on their land that didn't end well. Harry's had to pull Hades off an unconscious man a time or two. Luckily they never bled out and were just sent to the hospital.

"Quiet down," Harry instructed the two dogs. Their low snarling quieted, doing just what the Alpha had asked of them. "Behave," he added for good measure, "don't move". Harry pulled Louis closer to the dogs, the omega on edge. Edward really had him scared about what could happen, but he really wanted to pet them. "Can I pet the puppies?" he asked nervously.

"Go ahead, Angel," Marcel said from further back, "just be careful. They're quick. But Harry's right there with you". Edward wore a cold look on his face. Only wanting to rip Louis away from the dogs.

Louis tentatively reached his hand out to pet Ares. The dog watched as the omega's hand moved close to his head. The omega held his breath as he gently pet the dog on the top of his head. As soon as Ares moved slightly, Louis was beginning to pull away, not wanting to get hurt. Instead of biting, Ares nudged his head against Louis' hand. All three Alphas were shocked by Ares' behaviour. Once Louis got comfortable with him, he moved on to Hades. The black pit bull even licked the omega's hand.