Chapter-1 Emotional wave

"I never expected this from you Dev," Ishwari lashed out at the newly wedded guy who was standing at middle of the hall at Ishwari Niwas. Near him was his wife Sonakshi holding his hands due to fear.
Jatin, Pooja and Neha were at one corner.
Mama was standing besides Dev while Mami and Vicky were near Ishwari.
Bijoy and Saurabh were standing on other side of Ishwari with Bijoy's face red due to anger.
Asha was standing beside Sonakshi.
If it was Mamu who helped Dev, it was Ma who helped me!!
Sonakshi thought.
"You got married to this Bengali girl despite of my rejection?"
Ishwari walked towards her son standing still.
"She is not of your standards Dev!! You guys are poles apart!!"
Mami walked towards Sonakshi.
"Wow, Finally mission becoming Mrs Dixit accomplished!!" She taunted, "What values did your parents instill in you?"
"Mind your words Ms Radha," Bijoy walked in," It was not only my daughter who eloped but also your son,"
"Look!!" Ishwari shouted at Dev, "Now they are questioning my upbringing!!"
"Ma," Dev finally opened his mouth," I love Sonakshi and we are compatible when it comes to the point of emotions. These socio-economic standards are never a point in our relationship,"
Holding her hand tight, Dev continued,
"I was afraid that you will seperate me from Sona, my love, from me!! That's the reason why I decided for a court marriage. We felt like it's impossible to convince both parents."
"And I can't see Dev hurting himself Ishwari," Mamu continued, "Bechara was hurting himself for giving up on Sonakshi when you refused to accept her. Do you know that almost for the past one month, Dev came home drinking heavily every night after office? The home, which was a part of happiness once became the painful venue of his life,"
"So was Sonakshi," Asha caressed her daughter's hair,
"She was not herself when Bijoy arranged her engagement with another Bengali guy, I wasn't able to see her so, I can't see my daughter broken,"
"That's why we both met in temple last week," Mamu continued, "And decided to convince these two for a court marriage. Both were hesitant initially, stating that they can't do this to you and Mr Bose but later realised the circumstances and accepted."
"So you have been a parts of this?" Mami asked in her broken English.
Mamu nodded.
"See Jiji, It was clearly pre planned and kept under wraps."
"I never expected this from you Asha," Bijoy said in frustration.

"Do you love me Dev?" Ishwari asked out of blue.
"Yes ma,"
"Do you respect me Dev?"
"Yes ma,"
"Then choose between me and Sonakshi? You can have only one of us in your life. Whom do you want in your life? Me or Sonakshi?
If me, Divorce her!!
If her, Leave this house...no the painful place of your life right now!!"
"What are you saying Ishwari?" Mamu retorted, "Dev is the son of our family, you can't do this."
"Same goes for you Sona!!" Bijoy declared,
"You can have either Dev or me in your life, If me, Divorce him!!
If him, Never dare to step into my house!!"
"Bijoy," Asha started only to stopped by Bijoy.
"No explanations Asha, my decision is final,"
Dev and Sonakshi looked at each other.
What shall I do Sonakshi??
What shall I do Dev??
If my mom is important so are you!!
If my dad is important so are you!!
They clutched their hands tight.
Decided Dev!!
Decided Sona!!
Together forever!! Sona shall have Dev and Dev shall have Sona!!
Dev smiled. Sona smiled.
Holding her hand, Dev walked front and touched his mother's feet while Sona touched her Dad's feet.
Getting back to position, They touched Asha and Mamu's feet.
No words are required to convey my decision.
Dev held his lady love's palm tighter than ever as he walked out of Ishwari Niwas.

Ishwari never thought that Dev would leave her.
Bijoy never thought that Sona would leave him.
Asha wiped her tears so did Mamu.
They are starting a new life!! I am not meant to cry!!
Saurabh watched at his sister.
Finally Papa ki chamchi took a good decision.

Dev drove his car towards airport.
"Where are we going?"
"To Kashmir,"
"But why?"
"Why means?? There is where I have a villa bought in my own savings,"
"But how? I mean...you are not native to Kashmir if I am right."
"No, My father belongs to Kashmir region. His rights had been passed down to me. Technically, I am native to Kashmir region."
"Oh,"
"It shall be like a honeymoon for us too, I can sort out things back at Mumbai and make sure that we shift to our penthouse after a month, moreover I want to be away from the stress of business and family,"
"We will be shifting back to Mumbai?"
"Haan...my business,company...everything...every single thing is in Mumbai right? How can we leave Mumbai?"
"Right,"
Dev side hugged her.
"Now stop thinking nonsensical things and concentrate on our honeymoon,"
Sonakshi smacked him lightly on shoulders while giggling.

"Wow, you speak as if this property belongs to your Ishwari bua?"
Mama spat while making his way towards Vicky,
"This was Dev's hardwork and dedication, not some inherited property god damn it!!"
Ishwari and Mami were watching the fight between the father son duo.
"Ishwari. This house, this company, yeh saare cheez, uska shehzade tumhari puttar Dev hai kisi aur nahi!! He is the sole owner of the property. Technically, you can't throw him away from his own home. He could have fought back but walked away silently just because he respects you and most importantly loves you to the Mars."
He turned his fiery gaze  towards Mami, "And what grudges do you hold against Sona? She is such well behaved girl with no flaws," Mamu sighed, "She keeps quiet inspite of your non stop taunts,"
"Papa," Vicky looked at his Dad," You speak in support of love when it comes to Dev Bhaiya but can't you see the love I have for Elena?" He dropped another bomb in already devastated home.

"Bijoy," Asha tried pacifying her frowning husband,
"Did I teach her this Asha? To elope and get married, what will I tell to Mr Ghosh? We have an engagement fixed at evening,"
Elena was watching everything with fear.
I love Vicky and so does he!!
But now this Devakshi adventure might be threat to our love.
I must speak to Vicky about it.
"Baba," Saurabh held his Dad's shoulder, "Sona loves Dev and she got married. If she is happy in her life for the decision she took today, then there is nothing wrong,"