Chapter-7 Reality??

Dev woke up slowly while blinking continuously.
His vision was hazy.
Rubbing his palm against his face and eyes, he struggled to focus his vision.
Slowly the haze disappeared and the fairy lights on his bed's temporary dream hanger came into visibility.
His eyes fell on Sonakshi sleeping next to him peacefully being completely oblivious of her surroundings.
Near his bed was the tray, same tray which was broken by them three days back, completely intact.
Dev shrieked.
He could feel the temperature around him drop.
The atmosphere was calm and eerie.
I was in basement. How did I end up here??
"Dev..." Sonakshi moaned,
"Sona...what are we doing here?? I mean...what am I doing here??"
"Matlab??" She asked irritated.
"I mean I was at basement..."
"This house has a basement??" Sonakshi asked with her eyes widened.
"What?? Sonakshi, don't play!! You know that there is a basement. I even climbed down to reach it as a nauseous stench from there surrounded the home. We noticed after coming from the outing..."
"Outing??" Sonakshi blinked.
"Outing to Dal lake."
"Dev?? Seriously?? We reached Kashmir today only and you speak about outing."
"What??"
"Yeah. We got married today. Ishwari aunty sent us out. You said that we could stay at this villa as you own it. It shall be like a honey moon for us."
"Wait, what are you saying?? I mean...wait..."
"Dev...are you unwell?? Did you have a nightmare??"
"No actually..." Dev's eyes checked the side of his mattress for phone.
His hands picked it up and the date displayed was 16/05/2021.
But the date in actual was 19/05/2021 na?? How did it become May 16??
"Dev!!" Sonakshi shouted breaking his trance.
"Haan...vo...I had a nightmare."
"Oh," Sonakshi said, "Are the words of the driver still looping in your head Mr Obhadro??"
"No...I mean..."
"Stay calm and sleep," Sonakshi beckoned while cocooning herself into the duvet.
Dev felt like his brain being eaten off by the doubts arising in his mind.

The next morning,
Dev sat up straight his bed.
Sonakshi was still asleep.
I must reach the basement.
Climbing down, he walked towards the door located at left corner of the hall, leading to the basement via stairs.
Twisting the door knob, he witnessed the pitch black way.
I need flashlight.
Turning on the flashlight of his phone, Dev made way down.
The stairs were creaking, while rattling sounds emerged from the left.
Calm Dev!! Chill!!
When Dev reached the floor of basement, he had the rudest shock of his life.
There laid Sonakshi unconscious, in the same kurta she saw her coming for an outing with him.
Next to her was the torch light flickering.
The flickering object, rotated on floor slowly revealing two evils sitting on the floor beside an unconscious Sonakshi.
They had a charred face and wicked smile.
Who the hell was with me at room??
Is this dream or reality??
What's the date today??
What's the actual time??
Who are these two??

"Welcome to Greenwood Villa, Mr and Mrs Dixit," The male voice cracked, "It's time for you to float in air just like us."
An evil laughter spread in atmosphere reverberating across the villa to the streets.
The residents of the street, who were standing in huddle stumbled down.
Abdul was stunned.
It comes from that bhoot villa.
God!! Is Dev safe??
Soon the blood curling scream of Dev rang across the Street, confirming Abdul's fears.

The local fakir at Mosque felt like the walls shattering.
"What's that in name of Allah??" He muttered while walking out.
Dark clouds gathered above the place, with the temperature dropping down.
Dry air passed spreading the sign of calamity approaching.
He looked at entrance.
Something horrific is going to happen!!
"Help!!" He saw Abdul running in while screaming with fear.

The blood dripped down from the toe of person not before tracing down the path from the scarred head.
The hands was held wide spread open in air and the body was in air, slowly making way to an inverted state.
Like an inverted cross.
Squeezing his eyes, Dev opened it only to find himself in mid air.
Sonakshi was still on floor, with bruises.
"Sonakshi..." Dev gathered his strength is call her out.
Suddenly he felt a tug in shirt. The elastic upper part of it was held dangerously around his neck. Slowly the fabric squeezed his neck, making him feel choked.
Dev gasped for breath.
"Son...aa..eehh...no..lea...Aah...eh..." He struggled a lot and was able to do nothing as his limbs were stationary, unable to be moved.

"Follow me," The fakir ordered.
Holding the holy water and beads with him, the religious man raced towards the villa located at corner of street.
"Abdul...they, the residents are in grave danger. The Saitan is ready to feast on them." Fakir's voice trembled.
Abdul shivered.
Allah. Save them.
All that he was able to was to pray.