Chapter-3 Getting Cosy

Dev was preparing a temporary bed for them to sleep.
The huge white mattress covered with white sheets was placed in centre of bedroom, which was the largest one amidst other rooms.
The weather was too cold to manage and so Dev arranged few room heaters.
The windows were adorned with screens that were still, thanks to the glass windows.
Sonakshi was making the simplest dinner of all time- Toast with jam and butter. Both were feeling too lazy to step into kitchen.
The scenery outside was worth watching. The snow clad mountains with greenery patched below had a ever dawn sky above them. That was really refreshing.
The water that flowed as streams and lakes was crystal clear revealing things beneath it. Kashmir was indeed heaven on Earth.
Dev looked around his...oops their bedroom.
Sonakshi had hanged few portraits she bought with her readily.
The side bed table was temporarily made to stand beneath those photo frames with two flower vases containing tulips placed.
Obviously Plastic.
Dev wound the fairy lights on the temporary dream hanger, which was something Sonakshi fantasized.
Moving to the centre,he scrutinized his arrangement.
Perfect. Just perfect.

"Perfect," Sonakshi declared while walking in with the tray of food.
Dev smiled.
"So miss Khargosh?? Happy??"
"Yes Mr Obhadro."
Sonakshi placed the tray on bed.
"Did you call Mamaji??" She began while spreading the jam on the bread.
"Hmm...He spoke very little. His voice didn't have the old enthusiasm," Dev paused.
Does he know about Vicky and Elena??
"I called Ma." Sonakshi continued, "She didn't attend the call,"
She handed over the bread.
Dev ate it as if he was made to starve for years.
"Hungry??"
"Yeah, I didn't eat anything for past few hours,"
"Mr Obhadro..." Sonakshi muttered as she had a piece of bread.
"Can you remember this day, Ms Bose??"
"Hmm...how can I forget?? It's the same day two years ago when I joined in work as nutritionist,"
"Hamare kahaani ki shubh arambh..." Dev chuckled.
"Ours was hate at first sight...wasn't it??"
"Yes. Ms Bose."
"It's Mrs Dixit for you,"
"Achaa..." Dev pulled Sonakshi closer making her breathing hitch.
The bread in her hand fell on the plate below. He pushed the hair strands on her face that was blocking his view.
She was angelic.
"Mrs Dixit," He nuzzled into her neck,
"Dev..."
Sonakshi could feel her heartbeats race.
"Kya hua Mrs Dixit??"
He traced her collarbone.
She fisted his shirt material tight. Her eyes were squeezed tight.
Dev used his entire upper body weight to push her on the mattress.
Pecking her eyebrows, his lips brushed against her nose ridge and cheeks.
Sonakshi's grip on his shirt tightened.
"Dev..."
"Don't you dare Sonakshi. I can't control myself." Dev kissed the corner of her lips.
Their eyes met.
Her brown irises met his irises turning into a darker shade of brown in co ordinate to the increase in force of his clutch.
The jitters down her spine on his touch was so new.
It was the first time she was experiencing such things.
Erratic breathing was something they both were experiencing in common.
Blushing heavily, Sonakshi hid her face in his crook.
Dev hugged her tight.
Thud.......
But then, the moment got disturbed as the glass tray on the mattress fell down shattering into pieces.
The glass crawled across the floor reaching the nook and corner of the partially illuminated room.
Dev sprang up in reflex.
"I think it's my work," He scratched the back of his neck lazily while reaching for the switch board to turn on the tubelight.
"Careful Dev,"
"Hmm,"
Sonakshi sighed.
A cleaning job added to my list of this long tiring day.
Just as they were cleaning things together, the fairy lights started flickering.
"Dev...what's that??"
"I hope low voltage. Let me turn off them."
Dev switched off the lights.
Sonakshi felt something amiss.
If it is power fluctuation then how can this damn tubelight glow without interruption??
"Arrey...help me yaar..." Dev chuckled disturbing her thought chain.
"Yeah..." Sonakshi continued to remove the glass pieces in her vicinity.

Dev and Sonakshi hit the bed straight after cleaning the glass pieces.
Snuggling into Dev, Sonakshi hugged him tight as sleep slowly engulfed her.
The house was unusually cold inspite of using those heaters.
The couple had wound themselves as a cocoon inside the duvet, thanks to the chillness.
Soon after, the white screens in room start fluttering.
The doors flung open in a slow and steady manner.
Few footsteps were heard from the rear. It was like as if someone making their way towards the room.
Dev felt like someone tugging him by his shirt.
Pushing his face outside the Duvet, he looked around.
Am I imagining things??
Sonakshi was fast asleep being oblivious of the surroundings.
Loosening her hold around him, he sneaked out of the bed.
That's when he found that the bed room door was ajar.
I bolted it. How did it open??
Walking towards the entrance of the room, he held the door knob.
That's when he noticed that all room doors were left ajar.
How did all bloody doors open??

Ishwari sat face palming herself.
The day was mentally tiring.
Many things suddenly crept into the list of incidents that happened earlier.
Dev's Shaadi was least expected while Vicky's affair was unexpected.
Why are my kids behind these bangalan?
Mami sat near Ishwari, with the food tray.
"Neither my husband...nor you had anything Jiji, from mornings..." She placed her palm on Ishwari's shoulders, "Eat some."
"No Bhabhi. I can't. My stomach is full with my son's betrayal.
What else do I need in this age?? Did he even have a second thought about his mother, before taking this decision??"
Mami said nothing.
I can't say anything about Dev as here my son is also in love that too with that Bangalan's cousin.

Elena was determined.
"I won't marry Ritesh," She declared, "I love Vicky maushi," She looked at Asha with pleading eyes.
Asha sighed due to helplessness.
"Arrey...Asha. Don't you dare to help her." Bijoy declared.
"Meso ji, Please understand. I am in love with Vicky and except him I can't think of another man."
"Elena...Let's talk about it later. Any how we aren't going to get you marry by tomorrow morning na?? Now Baba is tensed because of Sona di. Even if you speak positive...he will burn you into ashes. So..." Saurabh hushed in Elena's ears.
Elena nodded.
"Now what to do Da??"
"Walk away huffing puffing."
Elena nodded and walked away faking her anger.
"Bijoy, Let's talk about it tomorrow," Asha convinced her husband whose eyes were focused on Elena's room door which she slammed tight a few seconds ago.