3: A Startling New View

Clay returns home. After all the miscalculations he's made, he might have found what he's been searching for.

____~*+*~____

It was cooler as the sun fell into slumber and the moon graced its light over the far out lands. The wind filled my ears and my nose, allowing me to inhale the breath of the night. The night was my favorite time of day. It was more peaceful, more calm. No hunters especially. Those people were instant trouble.

I decided to head out again. I was far too restless to lay down and leave the land of the waking, so out I went.

My scarred lips tilted up at the sight of the black sky. Speckles of light washed over the marvelous inky plains for miles out of my sight. It was one I would share, but now I take it in on my own. I had to make the most of it.

The wind running across my body as I sped through the trees was exhilarating. It felt like freedom. I felt alive like this. I wasn't exactly paying attention to where I was going and came upon a familiar clearing.

Heh, this brings back memories.

I walked in closer and sat myself on the soft plants that tickled my ankles.

This is the spot where I was found by the king and the young prince of the Mycenia-Inter Kingdom. I was being chased by hunters for the first time. I still remember those beady eyes full of a sinister craving that made me feel suffocated just by looking in them. It was that moment I connected the dots that I'm not exactly a person to many humans, but I've learned to live with it.

When I was found in this exact spot, the man I found to be a king immediately grew concerned, which scared child me more because I had just ran from a group of humans. Somehow, my naive younger self was convinced to let them patch me up and I officially met the prince.

George Blouet Cerul.

I let out a hollow laugh. That name was somehow so calming and yet so uncanny. You could see it as the old forbidden love cliche. I mean I don't even know if he was aware of just how different we are when we met.

I got up and I had let my mind wander far enough to where noise was void to the lines of trains that rode through my head. When I came back to I was in front of a smaller cleared area in between the trees with a path winding across it. Then it came. Footsteps. Two pairs of them.

I ducked behind a thicker section between the tree stumps and listened.

"Darryl, how am I supposed to focus when there's this... guy that so flawlessly waltzes into my thoughts and now?! Now it's affecting me when I'm asleep. I'm going to lose my mind and my mother is going to... you know if I don't fix this!"

The voice was unknown, but filled with panic and frustration.

"My Lord, listen to me okay? You don't need to fix anything, because nothing is broken. You just need to find something. You need that one piece that can fork off into more choices. And with any and all power I hold I will make sure she doesn't lay a finger on you."

This voice sounded much calmer, soothing even. I decided to peek around and I saw two figures.

One had light brown hair, a pair of old fashioned black rimmed glasses, a deep red tunic, khaki pants and deep ebony boots. The other, slightly shorter male had dark brown hair, a black sleeveless top over a frilly poet shirt and a greenish teal colored corset around his waist. It was paired with skinny black dress pants and creamy white ankle boots. On top of his hair was a shimmering silver crown with strings of beads swaying with his movement.