SpideyTorch Teacher AU

Summary: Once it comes out that Peter Parker isn't single after being seen with his wedding band on, his students lose their minds trying to figure out who he could possibly be married to.
Word Count: 3370
by @EmuChipmunk on archive of our own

The first day of school was a busy time for everyone, but Peter Parker, the chemistry teacher at the local high school, was strangely calm on his way to work. Despite the 2 cups of coffee he'd already had that morning and the third one Peter had in his hand as he turned on the lights in his classroom, he was completely relaxed. It could have been the fact that he'd spent the past two weeks setting up his classroom and scrambling around trying to remember where he put all of the school supplies last June, or maybe it was the fact that it was his third year teaching and by now he knew how to handle the rowdy high schoolers and keep them interested in the labs. Of course, it was probably the fact that his husband was hired onto the staff full time this year so they were working together, having lunch together, planning lessons together...

He was texting some of the other teachers as tired students started trickling in with quiet greetings as they got settled into their seats. Since Peter taught regular chem and the photography elective, he recognized a few faces from last year's class and gave little nods as the students looked around the classroom.

At 7:55 the warning bell rang and a few more students came in and quickly got settled in. Peter got up from his desk as all the teachers said their goodbyes in the group chat with promises to meet up for lunch or in common planning periods. He wrote Mr. Parker on the board in big ugly block letters as the last few students came in and the 8 o'clock bell rang signalling the start of the school year.

**************************

Johnny Storm ran to the other side of his classroom to calm a fire down that had broken out at the stovetop. It was a few weeks into the school year and the home ec class had been making pasta, somehow one of the students managed to catch noodles on fire while they were in a pot of water. Luckily, Johnny had a specialty for controlling fires and he suspected why the school kept him around. Once the fire was put out and Johnny had walked around checking on the students one more time, he sat back down at his desk and picked up his phone to check a text.

"Hey guys, I gotta go stop into another classroom for a minute, I'll be back. If anything goes wrong, blame it on Mr. and Mrs. Storm-Richards across the hall right? You know the drill." Johnny slipped into the hall and quickly started making his way to Peter's room.

As he walked through the halls he saw Barry standing in Hal's doorway and grinned. He couldn't hear what Barry was saying but he could see that Hal's face was turning bright red and the students in the room were looking at each other knowingly so he could assume it was some lame joke or some not-so-subtle flirting. He'd have to remember to roast Barry later on the group chat for it, but right now he had more important things to do. Johnny grinned to himself and sped up a little bit.

A short walk later and he finally was outside Peter's room, prepping himself to go in. Not that he was nervous, he just need a second to make sure the students weren't holding any glass or taking a test. Johnny may be a goofy guy but he still wanted to make sure the students got good grades and he didn't want to be the cause of them failing. Peter would never let him forget it if he did anyway. When he heard Peter finish answering someone's question, he knew the time was right.

Johnny cracked open the door and saw Peter facing away from the students, talking and writing something on the board. He took the opportunity to sit down at one of the empty desks after miming to the kids to keep quiet, and pretended to start taking notes. Peter turned back around and kept going with the lecture until he saw a hand raise up in the air from the front of the classroom.