Taking steps

Snowball was walking through the corridors of the first floor, there were many doors with no keys in their locks. It was a very strange scene, Snowball opened one of the doors and then got inside the room. 

"Well this place looks very nice," Rose said, she came down of him and stood in the middle of the room. It was indeed a really nice place, the walls were white and bright, there's was a wardrobe, a tv, a bed and on the other side of the room, a big window where one of the sides of the island was visible "ok, this room will be mine, you can take the room in front of mine, so we can be neighbors" Rose was really amazed and cheerful. 

Snowball only sat on the bed and felt the cozy blanket on his hands. Rose then started to jump in the bed, laughing, Snowball felt a bit annoyed but of course, he didn't say anything.

"Wait..." she stopped his playful demonstration and just sat "I need the keys, I wouldn't want randoms going into my room haha" but then she finds out, the locks had no keys, she looked again, checked in the closet, under the bed, and crawled on the floor; but she did not find them.

" she stopped his playful demonstration and just sat "I need the keys, I wouldn't want randoms going into my room haha" but then she finds out, the locks had no keys, she looked again, checked in the closet, under the bed, and crawled on the floor...

Snowball just watched and, in his mind, he went far away from there, he started to remember the sunny days of the past, when he played in the grass with his best friend. Oh, what sweet thoughts, the soft clouds in the blue sky, the warm summer breeze, and in the distance a familiar figure was in his sight. They played catch, a Snowball ran into the grassland, his heart beat faster and he was really happy for a second. The figure was closer and closer, Snowball tried to touch him but then... "SNOWBALL!" Rose shouted "SNOWBALL, SNOWBALL!!!" Rose shook him, and Snowball, scared, jumped from the bed.

"Stay focus, you can't just sleep in the first bed you find, we have a key to find" Rose walked around in the same place "Look, I searched in every nook and cranny but the key is nowhere here, we have to find it so let's explore more of this place" after saying that she climbed over Snowball's head.

Snowball got out of the room and both of them started their amazing quest to find the missing key. 'maybe if I find another key, I can have a room of my own and in the safe of the locked door I can dream again' he thought. 

*****

"Got any fours?" Six said.

Nine threw all his cards, it was infuriating. 

"C'mon dude, this is the seventh time you are winning" Six scoffed "How is that even possible?"

The algebraliens were playing go fish, or at least, their version of go fish. None of the numbers really listened to Eight when they explained the rules, Six was taking advantage of that 'if no one understands how to play I can make my own rules every time I want' that was their logic, their secret logic.

"It's not a big deal right four?" X looked to his friend, but Four didn't pay much attention, he was trying to figure out how that game works.

"Just accept it, I'm the smartest being in the entire universe and no of you can even compare with my go fish skills" Six was acting incredibly conceited, luckily the others were already used to it... since the first win.