Parents

Bella's POV
————
After Sky and I made amends we decided we needed to have a not so friendly chat with our parents.

Two days later we walk to our childhood home, we nod at each other before ringing the doorbell. Our childhood home was just outside the main city where the admin hub is.
I hear a little shuffling presumably from the kitchen as it was already around five thirty.
I get really anxious as I was the door open and see her face for the first time in eight years.

"Mother," I greet formally making my mom frown.

"Bella... Skylar, what a nice surprise," She grits through her teeth.

"Amanda," Sky greets calling her by her first name.

"Come on in, oh it's been 8 years since i've seen you Bella and 10 since I've seen you Skylar," She smiles a little too fake.

"You both look so different!" Amanda (thats what I'm going to call her for now on) cries as we follow her into the kitchen.

"I would hope so," Sky retorts making Amanda frown. "8 and 10 years does a lot,"

"I though you two didn't get along," Amanda adds trying to stir an empty pot.

"It was more than 'not get along' it we've made up,"I smile my charming prime admin smile.

"Wheres father?" I ask after a minute of silence.

"Hardware store he'll be back soon," Amanda says as she goes to chop vegetables. "Would you two like to stay for dinner?"

It's an innocent question with a not so innocent intention.

"Sure...?" I answer as she smiles. A beautiful smile worn by a ugly soul.

"Well fantastic, I was making too much anyway,"

At this I hear the garage door open as my father gets home.

Hearing his footsteps I think about how they were awful to both of us in ways we never deserved.

"Girls what a surprise!" Our father shouts as he sees us.

"We just wanted to have a visit," I smile at him.

"Yeah!" Sky agrees even though the plan is to ask them why they did what they did.

"Well the soup is on the stove, let's head to the living room while it cooks," Amanda says.

"Alright," I smile as the three of us follow her.

——————
"So hows life? Any relationships? What do you guys do?" Our father Charlie asks.

I go first. "It's been good, dealing with watchers, and other mishaps. I have a boyfriend, Etho, uh he's great we live together. You know what I do but I'm also a member of the Hermitcraft server,"

"Thats fantastic, any grandkids in the future?" Amanda asks.

"No, I won't be having kids," I state as she frowns, I know she always wanted grandkids.

"So Skylar what about you," Charlie asks, this was unusual, they were only being nice in the hopes of us coming back into their lives.

"I've been fine. No relationship, but I'm a former assassin for the watchers but now I just live on my own," Sky says as they frown at working with watchers.

"Erm watchers..."

"Yep," Sky smiles.

"Well, it's a nice surprise that you twisted here after so long," Amanda smiles as Sky rolls her eyes. "Well I'm going to set the table, dear show them their old rooms,"