chapter 6.

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
Dr. Seuss.
*<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~○♥
It was a lovely day. Elizabeth admired the sun that was so carefree, to go and come as it pleased. When it needed to stay it did until it was tired to retire. Never caring the impact it left on people. Even the melodic sound of birds was worth more than her own voice. She wanted to get as far away from her homeland as possible. She didnt want to live in a constant fear of her surroundings, but she was foolish enough to fall off the horse.

"You do know how to keep your mind busy with your thought. " James said. She was too consumed with her thought she hardly heard him enter. Marques had gone half the day after helping her clean her wound.

"How do you feel?" James examined her hand, checking for any evidence of an infection.

"I am fine, thank you."

"Do you need anything?" She withdrew her hand. He was too nice to her. She so badly wanted to inform him that she was ready to start off but no words was able to be formed on the subject. She just managed to get away from the window and sit on the edge of the bed waiting for him to take leave.

She was scared of James suddenly. It was like he was critically examining her. She felt small and fragile beside him. She flinched from his touch.

"Please do not." She begged. The James she was looking at was suddenly more serious and bigger than before she wanted to hide from him.

"What, Elizabeth?" He stared at her with accusatory eyes. He was being skeptical around her and she noticed it.
"How soon do we leave?" Elizabeth said. Anything to change the subject.
"Eager to get on with your new husband or to divorced him" James asked. Seeming to be perfectly amused by her.

What was she to say to This? What was he trying to find Him?
"How soon can I be given permission to be divorced by your brother.?"
"That depends with the decision of the earl."
She barely heard what he said, but she wasn't going to ask for clarification on the matter.

"Where is Marques? " She asked quietly not wanting to sound demanding. To some extent, she felt safer being with Marques than with any of his brother's.
"Andrew was right you truly are smitten to my brother." He looked at her pale troubled face. He lifted his eyebrow in scrutiny.

Without notice Marques barged into the room. His face was full of panic and he look really troubled.
"Andrew is missing, we leave."
"To Where?"
"To find him."
Marques grabbed the bags and grabbed Elizabeth's hand.
"Can you elaborate on the what is going on?"
He ignored James as he walked ahead of both of them. Elizabeth was staggering behind, not being able to keep pace with him.

.