chapter 9

"We never got to find out the whereabouts of Andrew last eve. " James said once the stable boys brought their horses. He was curious and he knew how much if would annoy Marques once he found out his true whereabouts.
"That is a topic for the morrow..." Andrew said pleased with himself. For he had indulged himself in the most exciting moment. He smiled to himself. She had excited him in what no woman should be able to.
"Who is the poor lass this time? " Marques said. He had always prayed for the day his young brother would take a wife because in his careless indulgence he would leave a woman with a child.
How I wished Liesel was telling the truth?" James said, remembering the time he was tricked into having and caring for a woman who had been pregnant. She had insisted that it was Andrew who had led to her pregnancy. His hot headed brother had denied the responsibility. Many people had seen them in their secret eandevours.it was somewhat hard to deny her but Andrew had accused her of cheating the poor girl had fled the house and never returned. His father was furious she had left after informing their father about how sorry she was to have done what she did. She never offered more than that as an explanation.

"I still think the girl was telling the truth." James said looking at his brother. He had looked at Andrew then. They both knew what this conversation did to him.to him Liesel was a wound that was trying to heal. Elizabeth had noticed how withdrawn and uncomfortable Andrew had become. Looking at Marques and James it was like seeing two pairs of evil that was working together for a common goal. She had never seen Andrew so withdrawn it's like he had gone in another world.

"Fools" everyone turned to her. Even Andrew had looked up to look at her. She had not noticed her slip. "Do I have something on my face?" she asked touching her mouth. Andrew thought she was adorably cute as she looked innocently between the brothers.

"Instead of talking about my once upon a desperate lover, Miss Elizabeth would make a beautiful topic." She hated how direct he was. She stared at Andrew, he winked at her. A smile quickly blossomed on her face. He was a charmer, she thought. She could see why many girls wouldfall for him. He was attractive with a sweet smile and the most sparkly eyes she had ever seen. It was like looking at a star. She would never believe he was somebody who took indulges once in a woman.

"Lizzie, careful with that one." James commented leaving shy Elizabeth blushing. She had clearly understood his meaning.

"Don't listen to him, a beautiful young lady like you is worth more than just a few hours of secrecy." Andrew said giving her his best smirk.

"Will you stop sprouting the nonsense?" Marques exclaimed. Looking very displeased, he looked at blushing Elizabeth and his blood was literally boiling. How dare she blush at Andrew's words? He was fuming. How he wished he could grab his brother to make him stop talking.

"We should be on our way, I plan on reaching in the mornings of tomorrow." He stared at Elizabeth. How in the world did a woman so small like him make his blood so hot? He craved her touch like he had never craved anything before. Just to feel anything on her. As he stared at her as she bites her lips together and he thought it was the loveliest picture.

"If you are that attracted to her you can make her your wife." James whispered. They all looked at him except from Elizabeth who seemed to be concentrated on nibbling the bottom of her lip that sent goose bumps all over Marques body. How he would bite that lip of hers.

They were suddenly just the two of them; he stared at her as she barely noticed that they were standing alone. What had they been talking about? Andrew. What had Andrew done this time? He couldn't keep up with the thoughts running through his head as he looked at the most beautiful being upon him. She had stolen his heart. How did this happen he had always guarded himself from this? How did he let this happen to him again? He thought he had learned a lesson after Annie. He had failed to protect one how was he going to manage to protect another.

All was in vain as he looked at the innocent Elizabeth staring at him. When was the last time he had felt anything close to this beautiful feeling. Who was she to be able to make him the way he felt? She fixated her gaze upon Marques black stallion. She wanted to look anywhere but at him.

"Shall we." She moved closer to him. She was fearful of him. She was not scared of what he would do to her but of how he made her feel. Of the unknown heat that consumed her. Of the thoughts that ran through her. She had never this immerse heat and attraction. She wanted his skin closer to her at the same time she wanted to detach herself from him. He both excited and scared her.

She had never felt anything like this before. Was sit even allowed to feel like this? No one had taught her anything concerning how she was to feel towards a man. She was even scared that she was probably6 sinning.

As beautiful as the horse was she did not want to upset the poor thing for it looked impatient with them.

"It's friendly." No soon had he said the words out than the horse made sounds of displeasure clearly informing her that she was unwelcomed to be there.

"Hush now." He patted the horse and he lifted his face to show that all was fine. He lightly smiled to encourage her. She stopped right in her tracks how one human being was able to have such a lovely smile. It was a sin. No one should be that handsome, she thought. She shook her head trying to clear the sinful thoughts that ran through her head.

Looking at her as she sat gracefully on the horse he was moved by a new determination. He was going to make her his no matter what.