Chapter 1

So we placed our sleeping bags on the squeaky wooden floor, except for that one stupid ass guy, Joel. He's just too much in showing off. From his cell phone to his car and now, he's just acting to be brave. Sheesh. What a loser. "I'll sleep in the Master's Bedroom!", he said and ran upstairs like a little brat. Suddenly I felt something cold touched my shoulder. "Uhh, guys.. I feel unusually cold right now", I said. "Relax Thoms, just try to sleep. We'll continue our journey tommorow."

     We switched off our light source, leaving our surroundings to be extremely pitch-black. It was quite creepy though, but I am a man. I shouldnt be scared of darkness. Sheesh. So i closed my eyes and tried to think of something nice but I just can't. Damn it! Why cant I sleep? ........

     I was about to adjust my sleeping position, when something cold touched my ankle. Under the control of curiousity, I turned my phone's flashlight and froze.

     It was a detached hand. And it was rotten. I tried to scream, but my tongue seemed to be stuck in my mouth. I can feel myself sweating heavily, my blood rushing throughout my entire body, and my heart racing as if I have just finished a 1500 metre race in the Olympics. Then I came to my senses. I kicked the hand as hard as I can, and the hand hit the wall with a loud thud. "HELP! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? IT'S A FREAKING HAND!", words finally came out from my mouth. "What's wrong Thoms?" , Roderick yelled. I pointed to where tge hand landed, but I was too late. It disappeared before Roderick looked.

      "We REALLY need to get out of this god forsaken place", I said, breathlessly. Roderick was about to say something when a bloodcurdling scream broke the silence.

It was Joel.

"Joel? Joel! Hey! Hang on! We're coming!", Roderick said, while rushing upstairs. Jamie and I followes him behind. As Joel bursts the door open, fear and shock filled his eyes. He stood there, motionless, and his jaw dropped. Jamie and I rushed to him, to see what he saw.

What we saw, was horrifying.