Chapter 2

Joel..he...he's dead. He is dead. I froze, and could not move a muscle. He was lying motionless on the bed, his lifeless eyes staring into the empty space, and his body, was, in a horrible condition. I could see his face filled with fear and shock, as if he had saw something extremely horrible. His body was covered in dark red blood, and the bed was soaked wet in blood as well. A sharp metal smell filled the air, which made all of us gagged.

"Wha...what happen-ned?", Jamie gagged on he 'happened' word. Then she vomitted on the floor, greenish-yellow liquid splaterred all over my sneakers. I jumped backwards and ran to the bathroom at the end of the corridor. Before I could reach the toilet bowl, I threw up dark red liquid.

My eyes widened and my heart was in my mouth when I saw what came out from my mouth. Blood. This can't be happening. I thought. Am I, going to die here, vomitting blood? Maybe because of blood loss? O-or trauma? Again, stupid questions flodded my mind. No, I thought. That's stupid. Vomitting blood doesn't mean death. As I turned back to exit the bathroom, something weird happened. The bathroom door was missing. "What the hell? I thought the door was right here!", I murmured to myself, and walked around like a moron, searching for an exit. After about two hours later, the exit was nowhere to be found so my legs gave up on me. Without realising, tears trickeled down my cheeks. I'm going to rot in here, I thought, and fell on my knees, hopeless... I took the mop beside me and broke the mirror. Then, with a trembling hand, I took a piece of mirror from the shards of broken mirror pieces and placed it on my wrist. Goodbye everyone. I closed my eyes and waited. My body trembled. Cold sweat trickeled down my face and neck. I'm going to kill myself.

Before I could slide the sharp edge of the broken mirror piece on my wrist, I heard a door squeaked open. "Thom? Thom, what the heck are you doing? Get that thing off your wrist you maniac!", Rodericks voice suddenly broke the silence, and he made me jump. "But...b-but I thought the door...missing....", I replied incoherently, and made Roderick confused.

"Let's just get the hell outta' here", he said, and helped me up. I looked around and found out there were only two of us left. "Wait, where's Jamie? I asked, observing our surroundings. "She's right behind me-", he paused. Jamie's missing. "Jamie?, Jamie where are you baby?", Roderick raised his manly voice. Yup, Jamie was Roderick's girlfriend. I remembered that day we were at Starbucks, they made out infront of me and it was extremely akward and embarassing. It was so weird that I made an excuse that I have nausea and ran off to the men's toilet and stayed until they left. Okay, back to the story.

"Okay, so what's the plan?", I asked. "Get Jamie and escape", he replied instantly. I switched on my phone's built-in flashlight, but I could barely see my surroundings. My phone' battery was at 25%. Oh great, stuck in a god forsaken mansion with freaky craps and my phone's running out of battery. Just great. We called Jamie's name so many times that my throat burns as if I had drunk a dozen bottle of liquor, and Jamie's name keeps playing in my head like a broken record.

After hours of searching, we sat on a old sturdy and dusty sofa in the study room. "We can't find her. Now what are we going to do?", I asked. But he did not reply.

"Roderick?", I called, but there was no reply. I turned to him...he broke down to tears. "My baby, my Jamie, g-gone", he whispered in a sad tune. Wow. I've never seen him in this condition before. Usually he was a strong man with high level of confidence and self-esteem. But now, he's just being emotional and he gave up. "Hey look, I know we'll find her", I said and placed my hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him, in the right way.

He was about to say something when he froze and stared at the door.

"Jamie?", he said, stood up and walked towards the door. I turned around and jumped. That was not Jamie. What the hell? It was a lady. She stood still by the door, gesturing her hands in a really freaky way, trying to lure Roderick. She had a really ugly face and maggots came out from her skin, leaving disgusting holes behind. I gagged and my vomit started to rise up in my throat. Oh God, that is disgusting! I jumped again and ran as fast as I can towards Roderick.

"Wait! Roderick! That's not Jamie!", I yelled, and grabbed him my the arm. "It's her! That's Jamie! Let me go! I want my girl! She's calling me! She needs me! She wants a kiss!", he yelled in a weird voice,as if he was not himself anymore. He struggled really hard to escape my grip, but he can't. I spun him and slapped him hard in the face, that even my palm throbbed in pain. "Snap out of it!", I screamed. He struggled and let out a scream for a while, but seconds later then he calmed down.

"My goodness Roderick, have you gone insane?", I said with a loud voice. "I'm sorry, I-I just, I missed her so much", he said, and broke down into tears again. "Dude, don't worry, I'm really sure we'll find her", I said, sorting things out so he won't freak out or even cry. "Okay, there's one more place we have'nt check", he said. "Where?", I asked. "The basement", he replied.

Gulp.