chapter 1; Back to school.

*Fareehah* *4:30 am*

My alarm blared angrily making me stir suddenly and roll on my sides before I registered the sound and let out a low hiss then stretched out my hand to put it off. I did so and sat up, rubbing my face while saying my waking up supplication. I got out of bed afterwards and went to the en-suite to do my business and perform ablution for tahajud.

*7:30 am*

I placed a small knock on the door to my mom's room and pushed it open quietly. peeping in to see her sleeping soundlessly, I turned around and left, adjusting the strap of my tote bag on my left shoulder.

''you are leaving already, Fara'', Dad called behind me, startling me in the process. I turned around to him and smiled.

''assalam alaykum, dad'', I greeted him in a quiet voice to avoid waking the others up. we had all woken up earlier on for tahajjud and Fajr prayer but they all went back to bed as per, they don't have to rush out to school! ugh! school!

''wa alaykum salam dear, how was your night?''

''Alhamdulillah,''

''Have you had breakfast?'', he asked and I shook my head.

''I'll order'', I said when he gave me a disapproving look.

''you doctors... you only take care of people and neglect yourselves. is that good ehn?'', he said and I chuckled

''Allah Shiriye ki'', he said shaking his head and I murmured an 'Ameen', smiling.

''Hannan and Hashim resume next week'', he said but more of a question as if confirming from me so I affirmed it.

''okay, stay safe'', he said and got into his chambers. I went to the T.V stand and pulled out a drawer to pick my car key from the bunch of keys neatly arranged in it. I left home with my bag, ready for my final year of medical school. 

I drove out of the Alli Tukur's Villa onto the express way and navigated my way to chicken republic's drive thru to get my breakfast. I'm usually always nervous through drive thrus so I closed my eyes for a second for a mini prayer session with my lord then said out my order once I got there not before I greeted the lady behind the counter.

''Avocado toast and creamy coffee latte'', I said my order then moved forward to have my order.

''thank you'', I politely told the lady as I collected my order. I drove out, opening the coffee and sipping almost half of it as I can't fully function a day without coffee.

having got my needed energy back, I took a big bite of my toast and groaned, relishing the taste as I stopped for the red light. As I tapped on the steering wheel, waiting for the red light to time off, Attiyah's call came through and a smile graced my lips.

''My bestie finally called after forgetting me in Naija! well-done o! how is Dubai?'', I teased.

''Mama I'm back, on my way to school half- asleep! why the hell do we have to resume?! can't I just drop out and marry one rich man and be doing oga wife! it will fit me o!'', she ranted and I could imagine her slouching on the seats of her car, her hands on the steering, lazily.

''it would, it would! and we'll be doing ''BFF'' goals with his money ba?'', I sarcastically completed for her.

''yes na'', she said just when the green lights came on.

''it's nice, after spending years studying and putting your all, you'll drop out and go and marry!'', I sassed sarcastically.

''wo! abi, what do you want me to do again?'', she whined.