Sebastian Moran - Pain, Fear, and Vulnerability. (Slight Angst)

. . . . . ╰──╮'*•.¸ ✿  ¸.•*'╭──╯ . . . . .

Trigger warning: this content contains mentions (not active) of abuse and toxicity. If it can potentially cause you to relive any harmful memories, I kindly suggest you avoid reading~
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
>Unedited<

"Checkmate~"

Sebastian gave a sly and mischievous smirk as you began to groan in utter defeat, and despair.

You lost.

Again.

With a heavy sigh, you wave a dismissive hand towards him and shake your head.

"Fine, fine. I lose again." You then reach for the bottle of booze beside you, taking a swig as your best friend chuckles in mockery.

Reorganizing the chess board to its corrected state, Moran's eyes watch as you release a sigh after drinking the required amount.

"You sure you still want to keep going? I heard that you're awfully lightweight." His expression most definitely showed his amusement; however, naturally, he was still concerned for your well-being.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine. Just you wait, I'll manage to get you so drunk that you'll never have the guts to show your face around me ever again." You flash the raven-haired colonel a grin, as you lean forward, copying his cocky attitude.

Today happened to be Moran's day off, and coincidentally, you had nothing planned for this afternoon. That's when your friend came knocking at your door, suggesting that you find some way to kill his spare time.
Lucky for him, you were willing to spend the day with the playboy, as it had been quite sometime since the two of you went out together.

That being said, you both were very close and comfortable with one another. You had features that complimented Sebastian's out-of-control personality; being brutally honest when the time calls and refusing to tolerate any of his reckless behavior. It definitely saved his behind countless times before, and he was grateful.

As for Moran himself, you certainly enjoyed his company. His charm along with his charismatic character was pleasing to be around, save the vulgar language which he casually used so often.

And surprisingly enough, he was a good friend. He always had your back no matter the circumstances; and he was one of the most trustworthy people that you knew.

Hence why you agreed to play his outrageous and ridiculous game.

"Alright, do your worst." You leaned back in your chair, allowing your arm to lazily swing the bottle of alcohol by your side.

Moran proposed that you spend a few hours playing chess with a "twist."

It was no secret that this man simply had an adoration for alcohol. Why, he was at the tavern more often than not; playing cards, along with flirting with any type of woman and whatnot.

Though, funnily enough, he recently began to avoid doing the latter.

The game was rather simple, but quite personal. Each time a person lost a round, they would have to down a decent amount of the alcoholic beverage. The opposing party would then ask a rather secretive question about the other.

The mental exhaustion from playing a strategic game combined with an intoxicated state would leave room for unguarded vulnerability; meaning the less effort you would put into hiding your answer.

Unfortunately for you, you've lost almost every single round.

Moran was rather considerate with his questions. Something that you hide from your family, your darkest fear, and someone which you secretly despised.