Chapter 14

Your ears ranging loudly, making you fall to the floor and cover them in an attempt to stop the noise.

Your vision faded out into a different scene.

All around was orange and yellow, the fiery hues of fall. A cool breeze swept through the forest, knocking a couple of leaves from the place and carrying them away.

"Nothing quite beats the sight of fall right?" A smooth voice spoke.

You turned around, smiling up at the taller man. His eyes were bright orange, in his hair was two large antlers much like yours except they were covered in golden leaves while yours were surrounded in white vines.

"It's really beautiful. But so are winter and spring." You smiled.

He chuckled, nodding his head as he sat atop of the mountain with you, overlooking the town below.

"It'll be the start of winter in a few weeks, children are already praying for snow." You mused.

The god next to you nodded his head, a flick of his finger and another breeze swept through, knocking more leaves from their place.

You both just sat there in peace, like nothing else in the world mattered.

You blinked and the scene changed.

You were chained to the cloud under you, tears in your eyes as you panicked.

"I promise I didn't do it!" You sobbed.

"You inherited Falurs powers, so you were the one that killed him! You can not deny it! You know exactly how this works, if you kill another god you get their powers!"

You shook your head frantically, pulling at the chains.

"I swear I didn't! I don't know what happened! But there was another god! Dragon! He was stood over Falur!"

"Then why didn't HE inherit the powers."

Tears streamed down your face, you connected eyes with the god of fire, begging him to say something, but he simply just smirked and slunk back into the shadows.

"I.. I don't know..." you whispered.

Looking down at the your bound hands, you let your tears fall.

"We condemn you to a mortal life. You will live out a thousand mortal lives, on your final one your powers will return and you'll be granted back into the heavens!" Another god boomed.

You screamed as you power was ripped from your body, and you were thrown from the clouds into the body of a crying baby.

You blinked, tears streamed down your face as everything returned to normal.

"I.. You.. you set me up..."

"I did, and I've been waiting for a thousand lifetimes, no one prays to the god of fire anymore, not with these damn quirks about now. Even before then, they stopped! The very god who gave them warmth! Fire to cook over! To see!" Dragon growled.

He marched over and roughly lifted your by the chin to stare into his eyes.

"Everyone prays to the god of the seasons, you're power was the strongest of them all, and I want it." He snarled, "I killed Falur in hopes of inheriting Summer and Fall, but he quickly whispered a prayer to give it to you!"

You slapped his hand back, getting up on shaky legs you wiped your tears away, your eyes started to glow once more, a wind whipping around your body as you took a few deep breaths.

"You can't have it. I refuse!"

Dragon smirked, fire lighting up his arms.

"I'll kill you for it!"

He charged, but you leapt over him, landing on the other side of the mountain too.

Snow swirled around your body, the once dark sky now lighting up with the early morning light as you connected with eyes with him.

"I won't give up without a fight dragon, now it's time for you to face punishment for what you've done!"