fifteen.2

COOKS PERSPECTIVE:
I poured lighter fluid over the pile of pictures and newspaper scraps i'd taken off Kals wall. I lit and match and flicked it onto the pile, causing flames to burst out.
I had to split after the ambulance came, cos i'm wanted by the police and everything. I felt shit for leaving her, but at least she had Katie. I'm worried sick. Ive washed my hands thousands of times, but I still feel her blood on them. I don't think i'll be able to get that image out my head. Her laying on the floor, blood around her wrist, her breathing fading more and more while I held her...

"Cook?"
I turned around and saw Freddie behind me.
"I...I went to see her" He sighed, folding his arms.
"Is she ok?" I asked, frowning.
He let his eyes wander to the floor.
"Freds? Freddie??"
"She..."
"Freddie..? Is she..is she dea-"
"No! No, she isn't" He said, shaking his head.
"She's woken up then?"
"Barely. She's not out of the woods yet, but the doctor said she's doing ok"
"..Ok" I said, breathing a sigh of relief. "But Freds..what happens next? When she's better?"
"Liv will probably admit her into a mental hospital"
"But those places fuck you up worse!"
"Not all the time. Effy goes there, it's not too bad"
"Effys mental?"
"No, she just has therapy there. Talks to a guy called John Foster about her feelings and shit, stuff that she doesn't wanna tell us"
"Ok.. So Kal will go there..and then what?"
"Then she's all yours"
I turned back towards the fire, sighing. Raging flames stared back at me. She'll never be all mine. What if the depression comes back? What if I didn't see the real Kal again?

Freddie suddenly pulled me backwards, into his arms. I didn't even realize I'd been leaning into the fire.
"The futures fucked without her" I whispered, hanging onto him. Tears started streaming down my face.
"Fuck the future. There's nothing but now, Cook"
"What did I do? What have I done.."
"You went to the end of the earth for her Cook. The end of the fucking earth"
He rocked me as I cried onto his shoulder.
"You've got to go further now mate" Freddie whispered. "For her. For you. For me"