Chapter Four-"iYelled"

"Angela, I've been calling and calling you," Sebastian said when I got home at eight o'clock.

"I don't have my phone," I said, guilty.

"Where is it?" my father asked. "We've been trying to reach you."

Yeah right. It had only been an hour and a half and I was sure that they hadn't really been that eager to talk to me. I paused that assumption though, because maybe that was for Frankford. This was a massively populated new city. I understood their concern.

"To tell me about Kylie and Kenneth's flight? Hmm. Yeah right," I snapped for some reason. Sebastian looked away from me.

"Where's your phone?" my father asked.

"It broke," I said.

"Then we'll take it to the shop tomorrow. I don't want you walking around here alone," Dad said.

"That makes two of us," Sebastian commented. I narrowed my eyes and had to bite my lip nervously.

"I don't have it," I squeaked. My father looked confused and Sebastian rolled his eyes.

"Then where—"

"Who broke it and where'd you lose it?" Sebastian automatically questioned. I don't know why but he was in an irritated mood and I didn't appreciate that he took it out on me.

"Your stupid friend Dastan broke it," I said in a partial lie. "And I threw it away."

Sebastian's glare turned into a stare of inferiority. But why? Because of Dastan's mention?

"Whatever," he muttered and then turned to jog up the stairs to his room. I had crossed my arms and then looked to my father, who was at awe what to do with us. Sebastian and I never fought. It wasn't really in his experience to punish us for it. However, Veronica chose the perfect time to walk in and erase all pain and suffering from my father's eyes.

I went upstairs and, since I had to pass his room in route, I decided to enter.

"What the heck was that about?" I asked Sebastian as he rested on his bed.

"Nothing. Forget it," he muttered. I produced a reluctant laugh.

"You're telling me that you go from the most joyful, fun person in the world into a pestering guy that seems to be upset at—"

"--the fact that we just left our home and our friends were almost killed?!" he finished in a yell. I shut the door with me inside of his room. I wasn't scared of Sebastian, no matter how red his face got. That only urged me as to how fast I needed to get him to calm down.

"No. It's something else; something you're not telling me because you've been like this since we got here," I said, looking up into his blue eyes that didn't focus on me.

"Leave it alone, Angela," he whispered.

"How am I supposed to leave it alone when-?"

"Fine," he interrupted. He produced a smile. "There, I'm happy. Now can you please leave so I can sleep?"

"Fine," I said, reluctantly, not buying his "happy" smile.

***

The next morning I woke up, in the mood to remove all stress and attempted grudges against Sebastian's bad attitude.

"Why does she get a new phone and I can't get a Play Station!?" was the first thing I heard Jem ask at the breakfast table.

"Jem, it's a replacement to something she already had," Sebastian reasoned.

"So can we get a Play Station, break it, and then get a PS3?" Jem asked. Sebastian laughed at the kid and ruffled his hair. He looked up to see me descending from the stairs and stood up with something in his hands.

"What's this?" I asked him, looking down at the white iPhone.

"A cellular device, it appears," he teased. I gave him a playful hug.

"You didn't have to get me a phone," I told him. Especially one that I didn't know how to use...

"I didn't," he denied. I looked around for Dad, but he wasn't at the table.

"Then who did?" I asked. "I'm pretty sure Dad doesn't even know where to buy a phone at."

So then Veronica, maybe?

"It was at the door this morning with your name on it," Sebastian informed, handing me a purple sticky note.

For: Angela Warden. I programmed it for you and it has the same number and same contacts.

I set the phone onto the nearest surface, cautious as to who exactly gave me this courteous gift.

"I knew you were smart," Sebastian smiled at the fact that I wouldn't accept random gifts from unknown strangers. Considering the only people to know about the broken phone, I'm pretty sure nothing good could come from it.

***

"You're kidding," I prayed to Mrs. Hayes. She shook her head. I was partnered as photographer with Dastan Vega for a two week cycle for Journalism. Not only that, but the section was for social life. The hell if I knew about social life here!

"Just show up and I'll do the rest," Dastan grumbled at me.

"Um no. This is my article too, so if you don't mind—"

"Yes, let's get the country-bound, new girl to cover everything popular running in the town in which is fascinated in a superhero she doesn't even believe in," he stated, sarcastically. What a jerk. I pressed my lips together. The bell rang before I could even snap a retort. "What's your number?"  

"That's funny," I stated, collecting my things in my bag. He knew well enough that my phone was destroyed.

"No really. I need to contact you about games, school events, and all that," he added.

"Well I need to get a new phone," I said. I had collected everything and then lifted my old bag long enough for the strap the snap and all my crap to spill out. Great.

"I doubt that," Dastan whispered, inches away from me as he crouched down. He didn't even hesitate to not help me.

"Damn, Warden, I guess you drop everything," Mickie giggled as soon as Dastan stood up.

"Oh, I know I have something I'd like to drop..." I hissed.

"Excuse me?"

"You're excused," I smiled up to her. I had ordered my binders, folders, and papers but then Mickie decided to be a bitch and knock them all out of my hands. That's when I stood up angered. Sebastian wasn't here to defend me and Cheyenne wasn't here to pull me away from the battle. I was pissed and now Mickie would see that. "Stop being a bitch to me for no reason, Mickie! I called him selfish, not you. I did nothing to you and it's been two days and you've broken my phone and pissed me off. That's not okay!"

Yelling at her released my feelings of rage towards her, Dastan, and even the dispute with Sebastian. I wasn't normally a person that yelled aggressively, but right now, it felt good.

However, it didn't feel good when Mrs. Hayes assigned me my first ever detention slip with the bitch that caused this.