01 - The Day of Confession

Author's POV

Author's POV

Ayden was always known as the 'innocent guy'. A boy who just liked to chill with mates and stay out of the drama. He knew affection wasn't his forte.

On the other hand, Aria was a well-known beauty, clasping everyone's hearts in her well-manicured hand. Just like a firefly, everyone is drawn to her bright mood. Yet, her only intent was to evaluate her studies. Love being a part of her life and stamping the way between her and her studies weren't even an option.

__________°°___________°°__________°°____________°°___________°°__________°°

Ayden Park, most girls' daydreams, was waiting on the rooftop for the only girl who has his soul, Aria.

The wind is brisk and cold, the only thing sheltering him is his redshirt. Aria enters, and his eyes find her immediately. She is breathtaking in her red and ash sweater.

Her earrings, which he gifted her back in high school, were shining in the light. He looked at her the way every girl wants her lover to look like her. Ayden couldn't pull his eyes away.

Aria searches for him for a short while before their eyes meet.

She hikes to him, and Ayden senses his heart pumping in his chest. Aria snaps her fingers in front of Ayden, and he jolts back to reality.

He takes a deep breath and rubs his neck bashfully. He glances up at Aria, who blushes softly under his gaze.

Aria places a hand on Ayden's hunched shoulders and shoves them up slightly. "Keep them up," she says with a sweet smile. "Confidence suits you." Ayden keeps his shoulders straight.

A brilliant red rose brightens up the gloom of the night as he delicately pulls it from his hoodie pocket. He kneels in front of her, cupping the rose gently in his hands.

Shocked, Aria claps both hands to her face, but soon replaced her shock with a smile when she hears Ayden's voice. "Aria, it has taken me so long to figure it out but I know what I want. It has always been you."

The wind grows colder, but the couple didn't seem to notice the chill. "I was a fool to think I was incapable of love," he continued. "Even when you left, ignoring you were never an option."

Aria smiles, as she knows what's coming next. "I love you, Aria. I can't clarify in words how much I do."

They hold eye contact for what seems like an eternity. Suddenly Aria's smile vanishes.

In a bitter voice, she breaks in, "Stand up, Den."

Aria had used that nickname for years, but something was off. Her expression was too rough.

Ayden stands, entirely bewildered. What had he said wrong? Aria shoots him a vicious glare, showing her finality. Aria steps closer, her cold stare making Den's eyes a little watery.

Then, in a wink, Aria smacks him across his face.

Let's go back to where their story started.
3 years ago-

Thank you so much for your help with editing @turtlelover1025