07 - It's time

After Aunt Brianna welcomed them, all of them went to get fresh then made their way to the living room where Aria's dad was waiting for them

He greeted warmly as he saw Aria, then his eyes went to Sham, who didn't seem jolly. He told them to sit.

-"What's wrong Sham?" Mr.Steve asked him.

-"It's a long story, Can you please train me for basketball coach?"

-"Don't you wanna focus on your study? In fact, I don't train for basketball anymore" Mr.Steve replied.

He also added, "Besides that why now?"
Sham took a deep breath then said,

-"Uncle-- I love this game... It's like in my blood. I wanna play badly. Dad wants me to take over the family business but my dream is to be a Basket ballplayer. I know it was dad's dream at my age and his thinking that I will fail as he couldn't fulfill his dream at that time."

He looked up at Aria's dad. A wave of mixed emotions was running in his vain.

Then he again started,
- "Uncle I want to make him feel proud, his dream became my dream I don't know since when. Please give me a chance. I won't give up easily."

Aria's dad Mr.Steve said,
- "Boy, You are a good child and Maybe one day your dad will be proud of you but what about your study? I don't think you should risk it."

-"Uncle if you can start coaching then that won't be necessary. I can't with the study. This game is everything my mind looks for." he replied.

His voice seemed to break down. It was hard for him to say this much. -"Please Uncle." Sham said then looked down.

Aria, Aaron, and Ivana are looking at Aria's Father, waiting for his response. -"It will have a huge effect. I will think about that." Mr.Steve replied.

- "Ok, uncle I will leave now." Sham replied.

He tried to stop him and asked him to eat but it seemed like Sham wasn't hungry at all. He left.

Aria requested his father to not let him down.

-"Your uncle was really broken after he was rejected from the basketball team. I don't want Sham to face the same thing."

he told his fear. Aria said,
- "Dad, I know you are a good coach and if my dad is worth him then he won't feel like that. He will be selected. Remember, when you used to teach us how to play?"

-"Yeah, you were so active and Sham used to hit your head supposedly."
A laugh escaped his mouth as he remembered my childhood memory.

-"Sham was always serious about playing, give him the chance which is worth him."

-"Right, but he needs a good start. Show him around more."

Mr.Steve said, "Don't worry about that, your girl is smarter than you think. I have the perfect place for him to cheer him up." All of them laughed then continued.