02 - First seeing her

Note- the song isn't related but a good one.

Ayden's First day

After struggling endlessly with the tie on his new uniform, Ayden turned to his mom, eyes pleading he lets out, "Mom, I still can't tie it! I don't want to be late!"

"You should have known better than to wait this long Den. Here let me help you," his mom responded with an amused chuckle.

After unknotting the mess Ayden had created, she leaned down and kissed him on his forehead.

He pulled away before she could land another. "Mom, I'm too old for that!" he complained, exasperated.

She raised her eyebrow and said, "So Mr. Oldie why ain't you old enough to deal with your tie?"

He accepted his defeat by mumbling I take it back. His mom took a few taunting steps forward before giving him a teasing grin. "Have a good day Den, don't forget to have lunch on time. "

" I know mom, don't worry," Ayden replied. He turned to the mirror, fidgeting with the knot.

His mom giggled as she noticed his nervousness.

He stopped his bicycle in front of his school entrance, then plugged it into the parking space. As he made his way into the large iron gate, suddenly conscious of the swelling mass of his classmates rushing to their classes. An unknown excitement of his new trek seeped throughout his body.

Urging himself to swallow his excitement, Ayden continued. The school was more massive than his old school. Some guys were playing in the region, and, as much as he wanted to join them, he didn't. He went directly to find his new classroom. It was quite hard to find it in the labyrinth-like hallways.

After many stressful minutes, Ayden nearly gave up. Regardless, after catching the eye of a girl in the hallways, he steeled himself to ask for help.

Her smile grew as he approached her. "Hi, I'm Lia," she said as soon as he was close enough to hear her. Her friends crowded around her and eyed Ayden with curiosity.

"Hey! I'm Ayden," he said with a small wave. He was well aware that this would be the student's first impression of him.

She looked up and down gradually, then raised her eyebrow and asked "Ayden, the new exchange student from California?"

He fidgeted nervously. Did they infer about him already? "Um yeah, that's me."

"Boy, you are lucky that you met me. Everyone has been talking about what the new guy will be like!" Lia's smile widened.

Ayden matched her smile in confusion. "Really? But why?" he inquired nervously.

Lia shrugged and peeped back at her friends. "It's not easy to get an admission to our school buddy."

As if the thought just struck her, Lia grabbed his arm. "Come with me! Let's go to our classroom first, then I will show you around," she said with a wink.

As she pulled him through the busy hallways, Ayden couldn't help but marvel at the girl in front of him. How could anyone be so friendly and comfortable with leading strangers?

Arriving at their class, Ayden was grateful for Lia's interruption; there was no way he would have established his way there on his own. The class passed in a flurry of introductions, and finally, the break began.

Ayden headed to the school canteen to buy coffee, and Lia tagged along to help him find his way there. As he reached the canteen, he was pleasantly surprised by how sparse the crowd was. Lia spotted a friend, and after pointing out the line, Ayden continued alone.

Suddenly, a silky, raven-haired girl caught his eye among others in the room. Den was fascinated and couldn't even force himself to blink.

Everything and everyone else seemed to blur around her. She bought a coffee with a soft smile and stepped out of the line, her silver bracelet clinked delicately. He could have stared at her all day, but someone shoved him and he came back to earth.

Ayden blushed furiously, hoping desperately hoping that no one caught him staring at her like a creep.

However, something told him that he needed to see her again. Words couldn't describe his feelings at that moment. He bought his coffee and glanced around for Coffee Girl.

The bell rang, and yet he wasn't able to find her. It was like she vanished with the wind. Aiden came back to his History class.

He struggled to keep his attention on the class, as his thoughts kept drifting back to that girl and her magical eyes, straight hair, and sweet look, which seemed to attract him so much.

The class came to an end he praised the bell quietly, already ready to go to him.

As Ayden was trying to squeeze out of his classroom, he saw a girl bumping into a guy. Their immediate reactions and flustered expressions were quite cute and an unaccepted imagination crossed his mind...

[- He's running in the hallway with his bag. Coffee Girl is also running. Missing the sight of each other completely, they crash.

Coffee Girl tried to stop herself but ended up grabbing his tie. She gets up slowly and brushes herself off. Ayden could see her obvious embarrassment for bumping into a stranger.

"I'm so sorry!" she expels in a sweet voice.

"Don't worry; it's my fault too," Ayden assures her.

She sends a grateful smile at him, then continues on her way. Ayden is left staring after her, her silky black hair bouncing in the daylight.

The rest of the day passed quickly. Ayden arrived home, exhausted.

A few hours later, Ayden found himself lying in his bed, unable to nap. He couldn't get Coffee Girl out of his head. He just had to meet her, but he wasn't sure how.

He tossed over and glanced at the moon peeking through his window, picturing her bright, moon-like eyes shrouded in mystery...