05 - Buscet Ball Match

Note- the song is just a good one.

Author's pov

Ayden showed up in his jersey and asked Aria how he looked. Aria just winked as an answer. Then they both get into the car.

At first, Ayden stood in front of the double seat Aria was sitting, waiting for her to ask him to the seat.

Sham entered the bus and waved at Aria, she waved back as she noticed. He started walking towards them while Aria was selecting a song.
Ayden sat beside Aria as he noticed him coming.

"So, sorry Sham but this seat is taken." Den teased him and put an earphone in his ear and another Arias.

Aria smiled as she noticed Ayden's jealousy.

Then Den played "Thousand years" by Christina Perri. The song was a favorite of both of them.

Listening to that song, Ayden suddenly noticed aria looking out and enjoying the view and her straight hair was touching his face, but Aria didn't notice that. It became dark outside as they started crossing the under passing and that the glass window worked like a mirror. Aria noticed him looking at her and smiling like a lovesick idiot. His eyes got bigger when he noticed his reflection and Aria smirked at him and tied her hair in a ponytail.

They enjoyed the journey and reached the basketball match's field. The last ten minutes of the match. Now, that's just one score and everyone will find out the winner. Aria was the cheerleader. She was cheering and smiling with hope. Suddenly her smile caught his attention. Then he failed to hit the last goal but sadly as her smile distracted him, he couldn't hit the ball properly and the match became a draw.

Sham felt lowkey ashamed. He took a deep breath and started walking out of the field following others.

Opposition was passing comments about Ayden being careless but Sham didn't care.

Basketball was his one and only dream to fulfill. It was obvious he felt embarrassed.

"The match could have been performed better, Sham." The coach said angrily pointing his finger towards Sham. "Sorry, coach." Sham apologized while looking down.

The coach said to every member, "I had high hopes on you all. But you guys failed it." "Sham, You should have been more responsible as a captain." He again pointed towards Sham. "Coach, It was my fault. I am sorry." Ayden cut in, he was feeling guilty.

"Den, you are new and still learning but I am so disappointed in his act more than yours." he signed and added, "you knew how important it is to keep his scholarship." Ayden looked at Sham who was really embarrassed. The coach rolled his eyes, "But still failed to show it. You are such a failure Sham." "You guys are dismissed. Go to your room and take a rest!" he said angrily and left.