𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝟏.

"It's your wedding day! Eeek! It's finally here!"

My baby sister, Athena, kept chirping as she helped me with my dress, since I alone was struggling to fit my body into it. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her. It had been the nth time today.

"I swear to the sky gods, if I hear another peep out of your mouth, I'm gonna literally thrust you out of my bedroom."

With that she fell silent, finally zipping my dress all the way up. It was a little tight, but nothing that would make me short of breath.

The room became silent for a bit, the sound of me awkwardly shuffling in my dress filled the tranquil ambiance. The room was almost too silent for me, so I attempted to regain conversation, but my sister beat me to it.

"But seriously, you know how long it's been since you've ever had a man? You're like 20! I mean, dad and I honestly didn't think this day would come that quickly anyway. You're not the 'ideal' marrying material."

I turned my head, cocking an eyebrow in her direction, offended by what came out of her mouth.

"And what you mean by that is...?"

She read my expression and decided on her own to be quiet.

I scoffed and went back to the task at hand. Having finally fit into my dress, I wanted to check out my appearance, so I strolled over to the body-length mirror that stood to the rear of the room. I breathed as I stared into the mirror that held my reflection as I saw myself looking like a bride.

I was about to become someone's wife.

I'd been fitted into a traditional white sheath dress, which fortunately for me, made my waist appear smaller than it was. My pink hair was pinned into a braided bun, secured with a pearl bobby pin. I didn't wear jewelry, 'cause I wasn't much of a girly girl of the sort. I wore casual shoes with my dress. My sister literally begged me to let her style my hair just for this day.

I gripped the sides of my dress, turning my body slightly to also observe the back of it. My wings were kind of obstructing the view, but I still managed to see. I breathed once more as the nerves gradually started to kick in. Something just didn't feel right with me. I had become so unsure of everything since this very morning.

I swung my body entirely to face my sister. I was genuinely curious about her opinions on ,things, even if she was younger.

"What'd you think? Is he gonna like it?"

My sister's face creased as she smiled, observing my anxious face. She took a few steps towards me and halted as she became a bit distant from me. Her blue irises darted from left to right as she looked me in the eyes, smile still on display.

"He's gonna love it. But if he doesn't, he's not the one for you."

My face flushed at her compliment. My sister really put a smile on my face, maybe even a little tint of blush too. I'm not used to the attention but maybe later today I will.

"You really think so?"

She instantly nodded her head in response to my question, almost certain of it. I grinned, glad to have a sister like her to soothe my nerves.

She continued, "Now. A bride has to get prepared for her ceremony. You wouldn't wanna be late on your own wedding day."

I was confused why she would say that if I was already ready.

"But I'm already dre-."

Her index finger pressed firmly onto my lips, restricting me from speaking.