𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝟑.

The Dance was truly energetic and alive with cheerful creatures who crowded the area, scattered in every section of the dance floor. It was just as I remembered ever since I was a child. The classical music being played, the fairies and other creatures dancing in sync with each other in the air, and the different colours that beautified the place as you walked in had all brought nostalgic memories.

"Astra!, Athen-"

You'd watch your sister fly past dad way before he could approach her.

"-Well, there goes your sister." 

You'd smile at your father approaching you, since your sister had already headed for the floor.

"Hey, dad."

I engulfed him with a gentle squeeze, stroking his back tenderly and broke the embrace shortly afterwards.

"I see you guys have finally made it. I was hoping I'd finally have both of my daughters accompany me at the dance, but since your sister already rushed off we have no other choice. Now, let's get on with it." 

I threw my head back and sighed.

"Do we really have to do this?"

My father then scolded me with an unkind slap on the shoulder.

"Astra, don't be like that! You know it's tradition!"

I rubbed the stinging area and pouted. Seeing that my expression didn't change, he gave me the look which forced me to surrender.

"Fine."

My father gestured for me to hook my hand around his, and so that's what I did. As we walked down the aisle where the guests would be literally staring at you, my father would seldom glance at me. He'd frown upon looking at my stiff face.

"Astra, smile."

I looked over to my dad when I heard him say my name. He mouthed through a grin, 'smile'. I lowly groaned and put on the best fake smile I could muster. My father frowned again once he saw what I had done with my mouth.

"Astra, a genuine one."

"This is one of my best ones. Besides, I don't know any of these people."

Why waste time putting on a front for people you didn't even know, majority you didn't even like? Waste of time and energy.

Your father seemed to be confused with your odd mannerisms today.

"You always loved coming to events like this, when you were yay big. What happened?"

With his other hand, your father reached it out with his palm facing the ground, explaining how small you were before.

I exhaled, "Dad, I grew up. That's what happened." 

My father paused and sighed before he'd soon continue, "Well, young lady, I would hope you're not too grown to dance with your pops."

His charming remark made me snicker. It must be hard having your daughter grow up right in front of your eyes, knowing you guys did everything together.

 "-Why dance with someone who's nearing their grave? When you could just dance with someone like me?"

Before I could say yes, we were both interrupted by a familiar voice. One that I'd hope would perish whilst in their sleep. I watched as the fairy slowly approached where my dad and I stood, brazenly flirting with the fairies he'd walk past. 

What a frisky being, I thought. Compared to my sister, he was just...bleh.

He finally neared us, as I approached him with my fists curled and raised, ready to fire a powerful blow to this twat's face. Once I reached him, I cut him off before he could speak, as I whispered through gritted teeth, "Run that by me again?"