𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝟓.

"-And where are they now?"

After another visit to the dungeon, I returned to my room in an effort to obtain some personal quiet time. In my meditation, however, I'd been interrupted yet again by a loud commotion. The individual it quite clear that it was him, invading my space with heavy wheezing, along with his face being drenched in sweat. I would remain distant for a while as I'd scrutinize him from a window I'd been sitting by that was within reach.

"Well, that's the thing-" Ivan gasped, "-I lost trace of them, so I just came back to report." 

The second Ivan knew he'd allowed his targets to slip through his fingers, he knew he had to immediately return to the palace. Despite having large weeds in his path, his journey back had surprisingly been fast. Explains why he was panting this very minute. Plus, there were visible blemishes coating parts of his face.

I massaged my temples, restraining myself from having an outburst and just breathed. I grew frustrated pretty quickly, so I'd try to apply helpful methods my mentor recommended, which are very effective in circumstances like these. I was greatly aggravated with Ivan, he knew this, but the thought of guests, however, somehow shifted my mind, making me forget about his carelessness.

"No one's ever stepped foot in here in years, but suddenly, some elf decided to change that." 

I scoffed, "I find that slightly amusing."

That statement was followed by Ivan humming in curiosity as he too questioned. Why? After centuries, would someone come to this horrid place out of the ordinary? It seemed totally absurd to him.

After a little more reasoning, his mind finally came up with something he didn't think would be possible, but it was the only thing that made sense; he preferred to utter his thoughts.

"I'm afraid that they might be searching for him, Jack."

Lost in a train of thoughts, I subconsciously played with a dead rose that I'd had in a vase very recently, till I heard the words that'd been boldly spoken by Ivan.

Hearing this, I dropped the dead flower in hand with my tongue poking the inside of my cheek. I glared at Ivan momentarily, before moving my eyes elsewhere. I deeply despised for that to be the truth, but the more it processed in my mind, the more logical it seemed.

Before long, I tilted my head doubtfully as if I was being in denial, but I finally surrendered to the thought which upset me.

In my peripheral vision however, I noticed Ivan eyes were looking my way. I glanced over at him seeing his eyes quickly change direction.

"What?", I shot.

He quickly shook his head, lowly replying with a 'nothing'. I gradually sighed and naturally crossed my legs, resting my chin into the palm of my hand which caused my lips to shift into a pout.

Deeply annoyed by the current situation, I became interested in nature, peering through the window as I tapped my fingers with my other hand. Figured I'd do this until I grew sick of seeing the outdoors, ignoring the individual that stood in the room with me at this very moment.

✧ ★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★, 。

Jaded by the lack of dialogue between us both, combined with having random objects sprawled across my table, my fingers happened to grab hold of a pen, intuitively spinning it between my fingers. I studied the object, twirling it in different directions and ignored the presence of the elder that stood beside me.

I shortly clicked my tongue, indicating that I withdrew from a world of deep contemplation and finally settled on a plan of action. Resting the pen down, I grinned.