𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝟔.

I had left the Ball early since I had no true intention on being there, except for Astra, but unfortunately, that plan didn't see through. I entered my bedroom, slowly stripping my formal attire from my body as I prepared for a warm shower.

"I told you we should've killed her when we had the chance."

A deep, feminine voice erupted from the silence, nearly causing me to eject an unmanly scream, but I already knew who it was by their tone and the pungent fragrance of the room.

"Relax, Ebonee. Everything will go according to plan. Things just call for a little patience, darling."

"Patience?"

From a corner, Ebonee revealed herself from the darkness and began approaching me. Her heels were clicking, creating an echo, with every stride she took. As she strut, I noticed her stare looked as though she was craving something, like she'd been derived of a meal for a couple of days. She then halted, scanning my face as her eyes stopped to peer into mine. Her dark eyes pierced my soul, yet I couldn't shift my eyes away from them.

Her lips opened to speak, "When have you ever been keen on being patient, Mr. Arthur?"

She raised her brow in curiosity, but her hands found their way onto my body, gently stroking my chest as her eyes were stuck on my lips.

I chuckled at her attempt of seduction, and lightly grabbed her wrists, pulling her arms away from chest, still holding intimate eye contact with her. She teasingly bit her lower lip, intrigued by the scenario that she thought was about to unfold, however, her face portrayed sheer disappointment as I placed her arms at her sides.

I found her most admirable when she was like this, so I collided my body with hers so my mouth could graze her ear.

"Nice try, but you're gonna have to try harder if you want to win at your little game."

With that being said, I nibbled on her ear for a slight second and then gradually placed my hand around her neck, gingerly squeezing it so she wouldn't suffocate.

Although, she was into that sort of thing and wouldn't mind if I did.

I backed away from her, turning my body as I made way to my bathroom.

"And it's King Arthur, to you, sweetheart."

I knew that mentioning those words would get under Ebonee's skin, because frankly, she didn't understand why she had to be so formal with me after everything we had done together. However, I was simply just putting things into motion, manifesting my future as well as hers.

Seeing that I was right and that she became annoyed, I grasped her attention by using my head to point to the bathroom door I'd been holding onto for the past minute, gesturing for her to join me in the shower. Her dull expression swiftly changed to pure enlightenment, giggling like an infant when she was making her way towards me.

I then reached my hand out towards her. She took my hand in hers and I opened the door for her to step inside. Once we both entered the bathroom, you could say, that all hell was about to break loose.

━━━ 🏰 🧚🏽‍♀️━━━

After being forced to supervise Ena yet again, I was standing in a corner, deliberately isolating myself so that no one would approach me. However, my plan did not prevail as a couple of guys who were at the Ball passed and tried to make conversation with me. They all looked younger than me, so I didn't want to entertain them and I thought that I made that abundantly clear, but one guy named 'Hughe', or whatever it was, clearly could not read the room which unfortunately led me to throwing my fist into his face.