then I met you.

It was a normal day on warped tour rocking out like no tomorrow. I finished the last song and held the mic in the air. "WE ARE PALAYE ROYALE THANK YOU AND DAY". The show ended and I ran over to the tent to meet fans, fan after fan. 

Picture after picture I couldn't keep my eyes off this one girl, she had dark brown hair with little curls in it. As fans came and went I examined the girl. I saw a group of guys walk up to her, I also noticed that she clenched her fists as a sign of defense. The girl looked uncomfortable with the amount of guys around her but as I looked a bit closer she also looked angry. Whatever the guys said to her made her annoyed. 

I couldn't just stand and watch like an idiot, so I walked over and asked the girl if she was okay. "Hey.. are you alright?" I asked looking at the men with stupid smugs on their faces. "No I'm not fucking okay, these pricks keep making sexual comments about me knowing I'm uncomfortable" she spat in anger. 

"Listen, could you leave her alone? She is clearly uncomfortable and upset." The men shut up and gave me a piercing glair. "Well fuck off" I said anger sparking in me. The man walked off and I was standing with the lovely girl. "Thank you, I'm used to this shit, I've always been since I was ten" "oh shit, I'm sorry but um.. I'm glad I could help you. you seemed really uncomfortable and I didn't want them doing anything to you" sent a soft smile while the silence killed me from the inside, I hated small talk. 

"What's your name?" I said calmly. "Scarlett and like I said I'm used to this shit" she smiled. god it could light up a room of a thousand people "That's a beautiful name and I love your hair" she blushed and thanked me. "I like your hair too and I really loved your performance! You guys are one of my favorite bands!" I laughed nervously and gave her a hug. "Thank you very much and I'm glad you enjoyed it i do try and make the most of it and put on a great show for the fans" I saw that Scarlett noticed me being nervous and she said "i have seen that in videos people in concerts, this is the first time for me going to your concert" she smiled. 

"Oh wow, I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm so sorry again about the weird guys" "i knew i was gonna deal with something like that anyway but not a huge group of guys at once. You don't have to say sorry for those dudes since you can't control them, at least you helped me through the situation which I'm grateful for"  ''honestly it's no problem" I scratch at the skin on my arm lightly. I felt a wave of nerves hit me again, "I- uh- I know you just had to deal with a group of men hitting on you in a gross way but uh.. Would you maybe wanna.. Grab coffee with me sometime?" I stammered trying to find the right words. She smiled and nodded. "Sure, I'd be happy to get coffee with you at some point" a sigh of relief hit me and excitement raced through my body. "That's great!" "When should we meet?"

 "When are you free?" She gave me a puzzled look. "Well I'm here for three months so tomorrow is fine for me as long as it's fine with you" "tomorrow afternoon works for me if that's fine for you" "absolutely!" I grinned. She took my phone from my front pocket and punched her number in and walked off. "Yes!" I jumped with excitement rushing through my body.