Six

Toni's POV

The next morning I had to wake up a little early because I had a studio session with Kenny again. I wanted Soleil to come with me so that she could meet Kenny and get out of the house for a little bit. When I turned over to look at her though she was still sleeping, peacefully too.

"Soleil wake up." I say shaking her gently.

"Mmm I don't wanna." She says squeezing her eyes.

"Soleil I have to go somewhere and I want you to come." I say and she rolls over.

"Five more minutes?" She asks.

"You have until I get out of the shower." I say and Soleil nods closing her eyes again.

I get in the shower taking a little bit longer so that Soleil could sleep some more. When I got out she was already out of my bed. I could hear the shower in the guest bathroom running so I knew she was in there.

I got dressed and once finished went into Soleil's room and saw her putting her hair into a slick back bun.

"I'm almost done I just need help tying my bun." She tells me.

"I'll help." I say.

I grab a Bobby pin and a hair tie and start to form the bun for her. Once it's formed I pin it up with the Bobby pins.

"I had to learn how to do my own hair because my dad didn't know how to do anything and neither does his stupid wife." Soleil rants rolling her eyes.

I laugh.

"I hope I did a good job I'm not really good at doing hair myself." I tell her.

"You did amazing thanks mom." She says.

I smile it felt so good to hear her call me mom.

"So where are we going?" Soleil asks once we're in the car.

"Well I have to go into the studio today so that's where we're going now." I answer.

Soleil nods and then looks her phone which was vibrating.

"Yes dad Alana and I are having age appropriate fun." She says. She then turns to me and rolls her eyes and I laugh.

"Alright dad I love you too bye." She says and then she hangs up the phone.

"He doesn't suspect you're with me does he?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"My friend Alana has me covered." She answers.

We arrive at Kenny's house 15 minutes later and thankfully he's the one to answer the door.

"Hey Toni." He says and then he looks at Soleil.

"Is this?" He begins to ask and I nod.

"Kenny this is my daughter Soleil, Soleil this is Kenny." I say.

Soleil gives a small wave and I laugh at how shy she was being.

"I'll call Peyton down." Kenny says. "She's only eight I hope she won't annoy you too much." Kenny adds and Soleil smiles.

He goes to the stairs and calls Peyton down and the first thing she does is run and give me a hug.

"TT!" She says.

"Hey baby." I say hugging her back.

"Who's this?" She asks looking at Soleil.

"This is my daughter Soleil she's gonna hang out with you while me and your dad are in the studio." I say.