Nine

Toni's POV

Later on that night Keri thought it would be smart if the both of us had a conversation with our child. I wasn't really looking forward considering Keri hated me for the decision I made years ago. Honestly I couldn't even be mad at him for that.

"So Soleil are you sure that you want to go live with your mother away from your family and friends." Keri says putting much emphasis on his words.

"Yes dad I do." She says. "I want to get to know my mother and spend time with her and if that means leaving people then so be it."

"How about Soleil you spend this week packing and saying goodbye to everybody and next weekend I'll come and get you." I say and she smiles.

"Okay." She says.

"Is that okay with you?" I ask Keri.

"Oh yeah." He says. "Not like my opinion matters here anyway."

I throw my hands up and look at the ceiling.

"What the hell is your problem?" I ask.

"I don't know maybe I don't want my daughter to be around somebody who chose being a singer over being a mother." Keri says.

"Look Keri that was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. But did you tell your daughter how I've been trying to visit and talk to her ever since." I say.

"Nope because he made it seem like you were dead." Soleil mumbles.

"What?" I say and then I turn to Keri. "You told my daughter that I was dead!"

"Well-" Keri trails off.

I shake my head tears forming in my eyes.

"Look Soleil I have to go back to LA you know work and stuff but I will be back next week to get you I promise." I say.

"Okay mommy." Soleil says.

She comes and gives me a big hug.

"You have my number call me if you need anything." I say. "I love you."

"I love you too." Soleil says.

I grab my purse and begin to walk out of the kitchen.

"Toni wait!" Keri says behind me.

I don't say anything and walk out of the house slamming the door behind me.

"I can't believe he told our daughter that I was dead!" I say to Tamar.

It's been two days since my small blowup with Keri in the kitchen and right now I was just focusing on making my home a safe space for my daughter. I was in the process of redecorating the guest room and making it Soleil's and of course I got Kenny to help me.

"Toni you need to calm down." Tamar tells me. "Yeah it hurts but at the same time Soleil knows who you are now and she's coming in less than a week to be with you."

I sigh and pull into the target parking lot.

"Yeah I guess you're right." I say.

"Uh uh ain't no I guess you know I'm right." Tamar says.

I roll my eyes playfully and grab my shades.

"Tamar please let's go." I say.

"So what's the theme you're going for?" Tamar asks as we walk around target.

"Pink, grey and white." I say.

"Cute colors." Tamar says.

We look around and find some stuff and just as we're about to checkout we run into Kenny, Nicole and Peyton.