Chapter 33

Ben

The next few days went by with a lot of work, getting everything ready for everyone to leave for each safety point. Mal and I already said goodbye to Evie, Doug, Carlos, and Jane, with both girls pregnant they went first to the isle to settle in and be checked at the hospital. Today my parents were going with the staff, my grandfather and Beatrice to the isle, Mal and I were saying our goodbyes to them now.

"Bye mom, bye dad."

"Be safe darling, please just be safe." My mom said hugging me tightly.

"Be safe son." My dad said hugging me.

After I said goodbye to my parents, I kneeled to say goodbye to my daughter, probably the hardest thing I had ever have to do in my life, she was hugging her favorite blanket and had the saddest face I had ever seen, this was breaking my heart.

"Oh princess, come here." I opened my arms, and she ran towards them and wrapped her little arms strongly around my neck.

"Pwease, come with me." She said sobbing, Mal looked at me and kneeled beside me, wrapping her arms around me and Beatrice.

"We wish we could go with you little bean, but mommy and daddy have to stay and protect Auradon." I said.

I hugged my little girl tight while she cried, it broke my heart to see her like this, and it even broke my heart even more that I had to leave her. Mal took her in her arms and with her thumb, she tilted Beatrice's head to her.

"My brave girl, mom, and dad have to stay, you know that, and you also know that we need you to be safe, and for that to happen..."

"Mommy and Daddy stay." Beatrice finished.

"Exactly honey, even though our hearts hurt and we will miss you deeply, we need to stay." I said.

"Can you be a brave girl." Mal asked.

"Yes, mommy."

"That's my brave girl, now give mommy a big tight hug."

We hugged for what felt like an eternity and it wasn't enough to mend our hearts, so we saw our little girl take my mom's hand and leave the castle.

"Wait nana!" She came back running towards us again. "Mommy and daddy stong, you win! I wove you."

"We love you too honey." We both gave her a kiss on the cheek and then saw her leave with my parents and all the staff.

After a while of recomposing ourselves, everyone gathered at the palace so we could discuss the plan. We wouldn't wait for the fight to come to us, so we would go to them, if we meet at the open meadow on the outside of Camelot, maybe the rest of Auradon would survive.

Hades, Mal, Nimue, and Tinker Bell were our big guns, so to speak, they were the ones that had the most chances on a one-on-one fight with either of the witches. So, the rest of us would be fighting the dark army.

"We leave tomorrow at dawn. So, get some rest cause the next days will be tough ones." Mal said, and with that everyone left except for Hades, Jay, and Lonnie.

"How are you guys feeling?" Lonnie asked.

"Saying goodbye to Beatrice was soul-crushing, I just want to defeat these witches and be with my daughter again." Mal said.

"I want Auradon safe for my family." I said, wrapping my arms around Mal.

"You guys can stay here, it's late." Mal said to Jay and Lonnie.