New members

It has been now more than several years since you begin your journey here. From one thing to another, you learned, by yourself, that you were living in this small apartment alone in Trost, you knew you had a father, somewhere, and your relationship with your mother was quite terrible. A lot of things were still blurry in your mind, you still didn't know how you lost all your memories before that. You knew you had someone you liked but who?

You joined the Training Corps after your meeting with M.Duvalier, and you were actually good. Without knowing how, you already knew a lot of techniques on how to use properly the ODM gear and you were quite skillful. Really fast you worked your way up and in 845, at 19 years old, you became 4th in your division and people started talking seriously about you. Even if the military was accessible, you chose the survey corps believing that you could do much more here, than inside the walls. And again, because of this feeling. The instinct which told you to join the survey corps. During this time, you did make a good number of friends you could really count on. Since 842, you remembered this face that seemed at the same time familiar and unknown. You tried once to draw him to be sure not to forget him, but if your ability to use the blades is excellent, your drawing skills are the total opposite. He looked more like a stick man with a mustache than anything else. You made sure then to print his face in your mind and to never forget, it was important.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Miche ! A tall man turned to face the deep voice that had just called out to him.

- Erwin, he replied simply.

- I need to talk to you, it's important.

Both men walked wordlessly toward the building where the Training Corps were meeting to discuss strategy. As they entered, a lot of clapping and whistling could be heard from the soldiers in the main hall. Some approached Erwin, patting him on the shoulder and congratulating him.

- Congratulations on the promotion, Commander, one said.

Miche's gaze turned to his colleague with an interrogative look.

Erwin looked back at him, and a slight smile appeared on his face. He nodded and turned back to the other soldiers to thank them for their welcome. The two men headed into the office of the new Commander Smith. Once seated at his desk, Erwin huffed, and his shoulders slumped. The silence was still present, not reflecting any awkwardness between the two colleagues, but a pause for breath.

- Congratulations are in order I think, began Miche breaking the silence.

- No more of that between us, please.

Still standing and holding himself very straight, Miche put his glance on several pieces of furniture in the room before asking:

- What did you want to talk about?

- Keith resigned. Did you know?

Miche nodded left to right, he didn't.

- He asked me to take his place.

- Good for you, you are a leader, Erwin.

- You think so? Asked Erwin, turned now to face the window, his back to Miche.

- I always thought like that. Thanks to you we lost less and less soldiers during the past missions. We are going in a good way. You are going to lead us somewhere. I am sure of that.

- You are talkative today, my friend.

Again, face to face, Erwin looked up at his colleague.

- I'm going to need new teams, Miche. Squad leaders, like you.