Payback

Long chapter ahead and dual POV as well!

Steven couldn't believe himself as he hopped over Connie's fence and into the front yard. She had keen ears and she would hear if the gate opened. It was around 3:45 am and he had sat in the restaurant until it closed, trying to figure out what the hell just happened. Try as he might, he couldn't come up with a plan to help her out of her denial.

He could see the lights were still on in the house, and it glowed brightly in the early morning darkness. A window was open in her living room and he walked towards it, not thinking anymore, just doing.

It was a decent sized window, big enough for him to fit through with even a little wiggle room. He hurried, not wanting to have to explain to the police why he was sneaking into her house through a window in the middle of the night.

He shut the window and sat on the couch, looking around. The room was tidy, not a book or candle out of place and he could safely assume the rest of the house was that way too. 'Typical Connie. Tidy to a fault.' he thought, a small smile playing on his lips.

"SHIVA, Steven! What the hell?" Connie's voice cut through the silence and made them both crouch into a sparring stance, ready to attack at moments notice.

"Oh," Steven stood, holding up his hands in surrender. "Sorry. I, uh, I couldn't sleep. So I decided to stop by."

Connie narrowed her eyes and cautiously stood to her full height. "Yeah... Me neither."

"I haven't been here in awhile."

"Yeah? It's still the same." The fairy lights made her eyes sparkle and she smiled at him, silently berating herself for enjoying his company. "I removed the wall connecting the kitchen to the dining room. I hated that the window was directly next to the wall."

"Of course you did. All by yourself, I'm sure." He chuckled nervously. He hated small talk, it always meant that the two people involved were avoiding what they wanted to say. But he couldn't bring himself to talk about what he really came here for. He didn't even know. He just had to see her.

Her arms were crossed and the silk tank top and long pants she wore accentuated her curves. She was still tone from years of sword fighting, training and exercise and it made him proud. Her breasts were full despite her it and they were only more distracting with her pushing them up like that, intentional or not.

Connie didn't move an inch. This wasn't the first time a man had sized her up, but it was the first time she was vividly aware of every spot he was looking at.

Steven didn't behave like this. Or, he hadn't before. Not even the night they had sex. Even though he was more than tipsy, he was still mostly intent with keeping his eyes above her neck. They had never shared a sober moment loaded with intimacy like this one before. She was shocked when he had mentioned it at dinner last night, but even more shocked when he apologized. She would rather pretend it didn't happen.

The reaction she got from him made her crazy. She was never that desperate to please and not be pleased in return. And it embarrassed her so much that she couldn't even stay the full night.

He was too sensitive and polite to really think about sex when he knew she was upset.

But it was on his mind now. She could see that.

"You've been training again." He finally said. His eyes were shadowy with what was probably guilt and lust.

"Yeah. I needed something to do and I was losing my touch."

"I doubt it." He said seriously. "You have a knack for remembering things that come naturally to you. And swordfighting was a given."

Connie blushed and glanced towards the kitchen. "Light wine?"